PETA Attacks Battlefield 3 Over Animal Cruelty

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]By the way, lots of games have scenes where they kill animals, why single out BF3?[/citation]
They are using the current hype and popularity of MW3 as a huge bandwagon, the next huge thing that comes along (not even tech related) will be the next bandwagon for their hypocritical nonsense.
A bit like Jack Thompson.

mikemp3

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Consider the money spent by PETA defending this virtual rat could have been better spent saving a child in the 3rd world from a real death.
PETA remove the log from your own eye first so you may more clearly see the speck in your brothers eye.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
These people have no lives at all. This is so sad why do they make people look so bad. Out of everything in this whole game that's what they nick pick about, They don't care about the people in the game that dies. Pathetic this world is coming to in end.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Actually, I kinda have to agree with them on this. I think pet rats are nice cute animals, and killing for sport is just wrong. (I'm not a proponent of games were you shoot stuff either) However, I'm perfectly fine with, say, racing games were you can virtually smash stuff, like a bus stop. (I'm talking about NFSW, and no I don't mean NSFW) However, the peta.xxx idea is still a bad one.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]au_equus[/nom]...why do we even bother indulging an organization that compares the slaughter of chickens to the holocaust? they put the value of animal lives over human lives[/citation]Because there are people like yourself who do not appear to realise that humans are animals and that all animals have an equal right to exist.

pcpcs

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Doesn't look like anything special to me!
g.php

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
I think PETA needs to shut up, i think its more cruel to have you pet neutered.. or to slaughter tons of cows and chickens daily in real life.. and they are bothered with a videogame?? what is PETA doing playing videogames in the first place..

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
LOL I guess PETA wouldn't like me then. I kill rats or rabbits every week pretty much. But that is right before they are fed to my burmese python.

Just another desperate, delusional attempt by PETA. If you ever actually read up on the organization, you would be disgusted at how they think we should live our lives....

G

Wow, didn't know stabbing a rat (virtual rat by the way) to save your life (virtual life by the way) was animal abuse. I was so sure pixels/polygons/stuff was ok to kill, been doing that for years haven't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.