Phone battery drains faster using a faster charger ?

AlexLushiku

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Yesterday I got a dual USB charger (https://www.xqisit.com/index.php?productdetail=16393)
for my phone (Nexus 5). When plugged in to the 2,4A port my phone barely charges with screen on full brightness (whatsapp open). Screen-off it charges quickly. But I've noticed that when I don't use the charger, it looks like it drains much faster. It went from 61% to 39% in 30 minutes (while doing a photo restore but I don't think that uses that much battery). Did the new charger cause my battery to drain faster ? What should I do now ?

Thanks in advance.

Solution

Bit confused about what your issue is, you say when you don't use the charger it drains faster, well, yes, you are not charging it so the battery drains. And with an app on and full...
No, it wouldn't be the charger. It sounds like the apps you are using, and some that may be running in the background that you don't realize are there, are what are causing your drain.

You said it took forever to charge when the screen was "on" the whole time, which is very normal. It used a lot of battery.

I would check the phone to see what is running all the time, when you aren't using it. There are a few apps out there like say "Clean Master" that can monitor the phone, and what apps are running, notifying you when there are many running at once, and draining the battery. Most of these monitoring/cleaning apps are free, and just have ads within the apps themselves. I would suggest you try something like that to see what is causing your drain.

Bit confused about what your issue is, you say when you don't use the charger it drains faster, well, yes, you are not charging it so the battery drains. And with an app on and full brightness it will charge slower since you are draining the battery at the same time you are charging. Not sure what you are talking about here that the issue is. Or are you saying your battery now drains faster after you used the charger? You can't say that just from testing one time during phone use. Charge it to 100%, use the phone normally, not doing a special thing like a restore, and compare to how it was.

Solution