Solved! Phone numbers suddenly disappeared; show up in "notes" section!

Dec 1, 2018
Suddenly none of the phone numbers associated with my contacts are visible. Text messages no longer associate a number with the contact name. In some cases the number appears in a "notes" section---along with addresses! Some numbers are completely gone, even from a notes section. How do I get them back?? And I don't want to manually have to add every phone number from the notes section (hundreds of contacts!!). I stumped the ATT help office too!

Dec 1, 2018
Thanks for your response! I don't know that I set up sync to Google or gmail, but that may be part of the problem. There is a notification that says contacts were imported two months ago. I never imported contacts two months ago; the ones that were imported (the important ones!) now do not display their phone numbers. I have to manually change them. My gmail contacts do not have phone #s associated with them. In either case I would have to manually change all that in order to sync. Why can't it just sync to the SIM card?

Dec 1, 2018
No, that is what is strange. They aren't gone. Just missing fields. But the information is still there under a "notes" section. Somehow the phone numbers and in some cases the addresses bumped down to a notes area---and I have to manually re-enter all the information in their proper fields. That is SO time consuming and I wonder if there isn't a more automated way to repopulate the fields.

Dec 1, 2018
I wonder why it said "imported 8/2018"...it must have imported from something. I certainly didn't import anything; which is why I think Google made an auto import/sync and it is on the web not just on the phone that the issue resides.