Solved! Suspicions setting in...Zte zfive g lte Safelite to TracPhone

Dec 22, 2018
Zte zfive g lte Safelite link wireless phone... worked fine on day one but the next day, I turned on, the Trac Phone logo boots up, the phone flashes and appears to be running thru some type of scan, and Bam all of my personalised settings, including all colors, changed and now it won't ring, you can't make any changes to personalise your phone at all and messages don't work until I send the first one out. I haven't received a call from one of my health care providers since the day this phone was turned on on day 2 and only can call out when I am at someone's home who has WiFi. Since I don't.. I rarely have service that I desperately need as a disabled Epileptic who doesn't drive. Now, SafeLink, still my providers, gives this account to TracPhone, according to a TracPhone rep and I am trapped in my home like a prisoner. And the phone doesn't even work. I would really just like to have my old phone back. Trac Phone customer service tells me..all you have to do is BUY A PREPAID REFILL CARD AND ADD TIME, TEXT AND DATA TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND EVERYTHING WILL START WORKING AGAIN???? I am not out of time.... I just got the phone... I NEED it to work...and Trac Phone is hussling someone on a free gov't phone to buy more time in order to get their phone operating correctly? WHAT'S GOING ON?...And why did myphone stop working and lose it's ability to be personalised? I really think that has something to do with it since all of the colors are gone and now there's no way to personalise your phone. Those options disappeared right along with the personalisations themselves. I have tried master resets... removing the battery for a half hour or so... nothing is helping. I am starting to think this was done intentionally...how could buying a REFILL card suddenly fix this?
Any suggestions truly appreciated!
Happy Holidays

Solution
If you got the phone through Safelink (Safelite is an auto glass company), then it should be able to be replaced by them if it isn't working.

Also, it isn't Tracphone that covers it, it is Safelink. So you need to talk with them. Granted the other company may handle the tech support, it happens, but that doesn't mean they can try to get you to pay for anything. Contact them again and speak with a supervisor if you must.

If you got the phone through Safelink (Safelite is an auto glass company), then it should be able to be replaced by them if it isn't working.

Also, it isn't Tracphone that covers it, it is Safelink. So you need to talk with them. Granted the other company may handle the tech support, it happens, but that doesn't mean they can try to get you to pay for anything. Contact them again and speak with a supervisor if you must.

Solution