Photo & Video Editing, Statistical Tools and Presentaton Preparations

TheJohnChin

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
Hello! Would like to ask about any recommended laptops for the aforementioned purposes? I am an Industrial engineering student on my 3rd year and I'm quite looking for a laptop that could fit my need as an IE student as well. thanks! hope you could suggest a couple of laptops I could consider. By the way I would prefer it would be around 600 to 750 usd :)

Solution
I'm a little hesitant to recommend Acer but the Acer E5-771G-51T2 is probably going to provide the best "bang-for-buck". At 17" with a dedicated GT840M graphics card, Core i5 CPU, 1TB HDD, and 8 GB of ram, it's pretty well packed.
The drawbacks? It's big, it's a 17" laptop, at 6.6lbs, it's not the lightest either.
As far as my hesitation to recommend an Acer, as I point out, big bang-for-buck value but I've had issues with Acer laptops in the past. I will readily admit that I took very little care of those laptops so the issue may not be completely Acer's fault but when two die within 6 months of warranty expiring, well... I tend to keep clear personally anymore. One was a simple fix I just didn't want to deal with.
I'm a little hesitant to recommend Acer but the Acer E5-771G-51T2 is probably going to provide the best "bang-for-buck". At 17" with a dedicated GT840M graphics card, Core i5 CPU, 1TB HDD, and 8 GB of ram, it's pretty well packed.
The drawbacks? It's big, it's a 17" laptop, at 6.6lbs, it's not the lightest either.
As far as my hesitation to recommend an Acer, as I point out, big bang-for-buck value but I've had issues with Acer laptops in the past. I will readily admit that I took very little care of those laptops so the issue may not be completely Acer's fault but when two die within 6 months of warranty expiring, well... I tend to keep clear personally anymore. One was a simple fix I just didn't want to deal with.

Solution