IanRowlings

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi
I've just upgraded from Pinnacle Studio v14 to v17. There is an option to import older projects into the new version, however, it does so by importing the video and audio into separate timelines. Does any know how to recombine these into a single timeline? Thanks.
Ian

Solution
Can you drag the audio timeline into the video timeline (nest it)? Can you copy the audio from the audio timeline and paste into the video timeline?

IanRowlings

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi Ken
Thanks for replying.
No, is basically the answer. Dragging the audio or copying and pasting either a single audio or the whole timeline to the video just obliterates the video. The video and audio are entirely distinct.
I don't understand why Studio imports a previous projects this way. If you drag any video file directly to the timeline then both video and audio are one.
Ian

I agree, it does not make sense that Studio 17 would do it that way. I would think any editor would allow you to drag an audio clip to the audio section of a timeline and allow you to place it there. Seems a bit odd that you can't even copy the audio clip and place it in another timeline.

IanRowlings

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi
A further query regarding this topic.
I have not been able to resolve the problem of split video and audio tracks. It seems strange that Studio provides an option to split out the audio from video to a separate track without a similar option to combine them.
Anyway, as we are stuck with this, the problem arises in trying to maintain sync between the separate video and audio tracks. For example, if you change the location of a video scene or alter its length you then need to select all items on the audio track and move them manually into sync. There does not appear to be a method of selecting all the audio at the same time a modifying the video in order to keep everything in sync.
Does anyone have any ideas about resolving this?
Ian