Pioneer surround sound

Justa44

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Have an older pioneer surround sound and trying to run the sound through it with my Sanyo TV. Sanyo has no audio out, only digital audio slink thing. Pioneer does not have the digital audio port same as the TV. I bought a converter online and tried to hook it up but it is still not working.... I don't know what I am doing wrong. If you need any other information, just ask. Thanks.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Justa44 : "Sanyo tv audio to Pioneer xv-htd520Sanyo tv audio to Pioneer xv-htd520"

The digital audio out from the TV goes to the DAC (toslink cable). The analog out of the DAC goes to the surround sound analog audio input (stereo RCA cable).
You need to check the TV menu for two things.
1. You may need to turn the digital audio output on and maybe the TV speakers off.
2. If the DAC will not accept a 5.1 input you would need to change the audio output type in the TV audio menu. If you don't have that option in the TV menu then a DAC like this one would work
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999

Justa44

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

How do I post pictures on this site? There are no attachment or import buttons on the top.

Justa44

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
American audiophile, I have no option to turn digital audio output on. It says digital output format- pcm or multichannel. I turned the TV speakers off but am still getting no sound.