Pioneer vsx 44 av receiver + ps3 via HDMI = Audio output sometimes work and others don't

DeLondai

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
Can anyone please help. I'm new in this home audio thing, but this past black friday i picked up a pair of 8" klipsch reference tower speakers and a vsx 44 pioneer receiver. I have hooked my ps3 up to the receiver via HDMI and receiver to my samsung led tv also via HDMI.

Here is the problem, Audio output from my speakers only works sometimes when im playing a game for example. I've try playing music that i had on my ps3 and it works perfectly. Its the gaming part that kind of annoyed me. Can someone please help?

You can try changing the surround mode on the receiver. If it is in auto try Dolby. You may be able to set the PS3 to a different audio output mode. Try a different HDMI input on the receiver too. Since this is a new set up the receiver may have a problem.

DeLondai

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for your reply americanaudiophile :)
I've tried switching the audio settings on my ps3 and my receiver and it works, there was sound output. However, the next time i turned my systems on, i had to somehow adjust the settings again in order for it to work. For example, my receiver was already on audio output using the "amp" setting, It had no sounds. But after i switched it to some other setting and than back to what it was before, sounds reappear.

I know there's gotta be something wrong with my audio setups, I just gotta research it more to make it work. Is anyone using the same set up as mine, have the same issue, and resolved it?

For now, I am running a Pioneer VSX-44 (7.2 channels) Receiver with a pair of Klipsch dual 8" reference floorstanding speakers. Why wouldn't they work smoothly? Do the speakers don't match with my receiver? Arrrrr!!!!! I love anything that makes loud noises (Firearms, sound systems, chicks, and so on...) Everything else im pretty good at, but when it comes to sound systems, I am clueless.
HELP PLEASE...........