koptanov

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Dear all

I just brought my VSX-521K Pioneer Multi-channel HDMI Receiver

This Receiver is Actually Great, a bit complicated in it's setup, but it sounds awesome

My Problem is

The volume Level is supposed to reach 80 (Max) , but one day suddenly i can only reach 65

I donno if there's anything i've done wrong , bu i searched the manual and couldnt find anything related to Volume Limitation especially in this Series , maybe in higher Series but this one hasn't got volume limits

could you please guys help me out ? you're the geeks !!

koptanov

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Solved !!
for anyone who's Stuck in this Problem, Simply go to Manual Speaker Settings
Make Sure your TV is connected coz doing this on the Remote is a bit lousy
1) Press (Receiver)
2) Press (Setup Button)
3) Browse Through Manual Speaker Setup
4) You'll Find List of Outputs (Surround L, R) (Front L, R) (Subwoofer).. etc

one of the Speaker levels is Set to a Difference of +15,that was the problem , so the volume dropped from 80 to 65
any additions in level will decrement the same amount from the maximum Volume coz it actually swaps the power difference from other speaker outputs
so if you have a Max Volume of 60, then your Speakers is Set to a total increment of level (20)

hope this helps

this makes sense. if the maximum output of the unit is 80 and you balanced your front speakers to say 20 more than your rear then the loudest you will be able to go is 60 like you said. the front speakers would be 80 though.

i agree, using the osd is much better than a remote control. i bought a vsx-30 about a year ago and love it!

i will have to check into this setting myself. to be honest everything has sounded fine so far so i didnt mess with it.

koptanov

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks ssddx, Pioneer Rocks !

by the way i was stuck in something and i wasn't able to get through, i hope you can get me out

The VSX 521 K has a Pre-Out Subwoofer Connector, as far as i know Pre-Out means that the output power isn't amplified, and i need to have an active subwoofer system to amplify the output signal in order to hear anything from the woofer

I've been trying to get any output from the Woofer but i couldn't hear anything actually ,,

any ideas why ?

well to be honest... i'm not really sure about half of what the receiver functions do. they make it so darn complicated. all i can tell you is how i connected my system up. perhaps this will help you.

for reference if you search google images for "vsx-30 back panel" and click on the first image you can see what mine looks like. i have my subwoofer cable running from the only subwoofer connection which does say pre out on mine as well. this cable runs to my subwoofer which has two input connections. i picked the one which applied to a single input connection.

next i ran the speaker setup program through the pioneer OSD program and made sure each speaker appeared as it should. i then used the program and microphone to calibrate the speakers based on range from the listening position. my subwoofer does and has always worked fine. there is a frequency response knob on the rear which adjusts the range in which the subwoofer responds.

my subwoofer is plugged into the wall... but i think all subwoofers are powered?

i'm using klipsch quintet IV speakers (4.0) and a 450w klipsh subwoofer for reference. perhaps pull up a subwoofer back panel image to see what i was talking about.

if you have your setup the same as mine then perhaps you have a volume setting or balance issue. try setting all of your numbers to default (and undo what you did in your first post). see if this fixes your problems.

i do believe you can use the preout with a subwoofer without issue as i've been doing it for over a year.... with enough bass from the sub to knock pictures off the walls.