Pixi 4 phone sd card as internal (not working ) get low memory messages

nbabe1

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
SO I got a pixi phone 4 from alcatel.. Inserted a sandisk 32gb, formatted it as internal. but its not working. I cant move things really to it. (small files only) I need a step by ste psolution as I spent all day trying to have things moved,.but when I do it moves from SD to internal...(what I want isthat my 32gb becomes my internal memory so I can stop receivnng this low memeory message

Solution
As I said before, you may need to have the phone looked at for a hardware issue, or the card has gone bad. There are no simple fixes for those other than having the phone looked at by a tech or replacing the card. But if other files are working on the card, then the card itself should be working correctly. I know of no simple solution to this issue.
The standard format as internal on phones often doesn't actually set up the SD card as "Internal" storage. Why they do it, I don't know. The following is how it is done...

First, you need to be using a phone that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (6.0) or newer, or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a phone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your phone, or they don't work for you, then you have a phone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer. If that is the case, you will not be able to use this information.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage - Option A

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage - Option B

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

A Final Note: If you set up the card as "Internal" storage, then the data on it will not be readable by any other device. To access the data you would have to connect he phone to say a computer and copy it over to the computer from the phone/card. Otherwise only phone can read the data. Also, be sure you do not reset (hard or factory) the phone. If you do, then all the data on the card will no longer be readable, even by the phone itself.

nbabe1

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
I did option one before coming on this site, I have 6.0 and itdid offer the option for internal storage but all stays on phone memory after reboot it only offered a mere 14 kb to move.
so I did it but not a true internal storage....everything is pretty much still on phone
anything else?
If I could disable twitter and facebook I would save half a gigi..how to remove them (as a quick solution)

Unless they were lock onto the device when originally installed (it happens sadly) you should be able to go into "Settings" then "Apps" and then go to 'All". Scroll down and locate those two apps. When you find one, tap it and then tap "uninstall". If the option is there. You may also want to tap "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" prior to the uninstall, that way none of the stuff is left behind.

Should they not give you the uninstall option, then you can do the "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache", then tap "Disable" which will at least remove all the extra junk they have added, and keep it from using up your resources, even though the main app will be on the device still.

nbabe1

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
uniinstall are not offered as an option.

Again my sd card has been formatted at internal. but from company 6 gb is used of the 8gb on internal. I need to move some to sd I only have 1gb left and I only installed 3 software. I dont understan why my sd does not truly becomes my internal. yes movies orpictures (whichI have not yet taken could be move there. me what I need is a solution so my internal 6gb used cna either be moved or partially moved to sd....manually and using file to sd I moved some mere mb to sd. so I have 1.1 gb left in internal. is there an app that truly allows us to move our sd as internal so my internal would now be 32gb and would nt have to worry about that memeory low message I got 1 day after buying the phone!
I need help. tried 3 softwares 9no real luck, watched 10 youtube and they pretty much offer option 1 whiwh I did but my phone still says my internal is 8gb....

nbabe1

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
as already mentionned I did install the SD as internal. its just from factory over 6gb is on internal and it leaves me with not much to do.
also I just noticed as I wanted to move to sd with a software I donwloaded today( the only movie I installed to test (about 1gb)) that it tells me if I want to delete it that I dont have the permission the error message is no permission to delete it.... I only managed to remove it when I did it via computer (plug the usb and then could remove it_
can we then delete youtube and chrome and such ast hey take 1gb of storage?
the soft ware I got is link2sd but nothing can be moved as it gives me a root problem if someone knows how to fix that...

Sep 17, 2018

As I said before, you may need to have the phone looked at for a hardware issue, or the card has gone bad. There are no simple fixes for those other than having the phone looked at by a tech or replacing the card. But if other files are working on the card, then the card itself should be working correctly. I know of no simple solution to this issue.

Solution