drashwinthakare

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
hi there... i m thinking of buying a plsma hdtv in a week or so, but m a bit confused between the samsung pdp-51e490 and panasonic th-p50x50d.....since plasmas are offered in big sizes at a decent price....also tell me whether it is wise to buy a plasma hdtv today. people tell me that the plasma technology is outdated, should i go for a plasma? and if yes, which is better samsung or panasonic? :( :pfff:

Solution
I have a 50" Panasonic 1080P Plasma that looks and works great. I chose Panasonic because they acquired Pioneer's original plasma technology. Be careful with LED TV's since there are different configurations of the LED panel which can effect black levels.

drashwinthakare

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
thanx for the reply.. i m thinking of plasma coz a 50 inch plasma costs mch less than the same sized LED.. what are the cons, if i go for a plasma ?
also my living room is ambient n wel lit so will the screen glare be a significant issue?
also i took a demo of both the above mentioned models, wat is ur expert opinion and amongst samsung pdp-51e490 and panasonic th-p50x50d models(avail in indian market) which would be a better choice? i know u told samsung, but wat from the specific model point of view..
pls suggest..

RedFromWinter

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I have a 50" Panasonic 1080P Plasma that looks and works great. I chose Panasonic because they acquired Pioneer's original plasma technology. Be careful with LED TV's since there are different configurations of the LED panel which can effect black levels.

Solution

davewin

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

I own panasonic vt50 series plasma 55" all i can say is stunning
It depends on budget, room size and lighting. For an lcd/led tv then a optimal distance eqation applies for the best seating distance from the display. With plasma this is not an issue.
Scan rates eg screen refresh times on plasma are faster and tend to be true whereas on some, even high end, lcd's they adavertise 600hz when in reality it is only 300hz times two eg even number lines 300 followed ny odd at 300.

one note of caution. your tv will need to be run in to prevent screen burn if you use plasma try to avoid prolonged static images for the first few weeks. You will get a bit of burn/ghosting but that will disappear.

The higher the scan rate the better onscreen quality movement and 3d result

drashwinthakare

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
hey. just bought the panasonic 50 inch plasma 50XT50D , and it is awesome.. i am realy happy with the picture quality and the performance of the TV... thanx for your valuable comments....... :)

makinbiscuits

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

just so you know although panasonic acquired pioneers kuro technology they don't use it in their plasma panels.

davewin

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

In the flagship VT50 series the technology is incorporated along with panasonics own firmware. The results are stunning in both 2D and 3D The feild drive istelf is based on pioneer technologies andat 2500hz refresh its awsome my pride and joy.