playing almost any game is unbareable. please read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
okay so, first let me post my rig info
Asus ROGL752VW
16 gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home

Playing any game is basically impossible because i play old games like counter strike 1.6, call of duty, day of defeat, and even some new games. The main problem games are oblivion, counter strike 1.6 , condition zero, and source. (global offensive works fine) So whenever i start a game, i make sure vsync is on, then after about 30 seconds, i get a diagonal line going through the screen from the top left corner to the top right corner. It goes away when i turn vsync off though in game, however i get a one second freeze while an enemy appears or is doing something. its hard to explain, its like game hiccups, or stuttering, or even frame skipping. To put it in easier words, when patrolling a map, i walk, stop and freeze for one second, then keep going. it happens non stop all game making it unbearable to play, it happens in oblivion every single time an enemy shows up. I've sent this laptop in 3 times now, the next time i send one in they will maybe replace it. I just want there to be a fix for this, because if not then my warranty will replace me for another one. I've tried reformatting, updating all graphics cards drivers, and installing all updates, however nothing works. If there anyone that can help me with this, please let me know. Thank you.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
There is only one option in the link that you posted, but i tried that, it still didnt fix the issues :/ thank you though

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

im also having another problem when having Vsync on causes screen tearing

That is odd as turning vsync on should help resolve it.

If this is happening with older games it may just be the system is not set up for them. Sadly, even though they say they can play old ones, they often don't.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

yeah it does not make sense, because on my other asus laptop, i get no screen tearing with vsync on at all. Thats why im worried if the problem is in my laptop.
To be more specific of whats happening in my games, watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUY23RiCJM
this happens in almost every game

I have to say what I saw, while it has a little issue, doesn't seem huge. When I think of it being 'bad' I think of ones like the video in the link I sent you originally.

Could it be your internet connection effecting it? Sorry not familiar with that particular game.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Did you notice the pauses that the game had? it would freeze for half a second then load. it does that in every old game i have. single player or multiplayer. Watch what happens in the background of the video from 0:06- 0:12. Thats what happens in every game i play, usually every time an enemy shows up or a group of enemies that appear. It happens offline single player games mostly. I cant figure out why its doing that.

I saw it. I can see how it could be a problem in some games or just annoying in others. If there is no internet connection involved, and your newer games have no problems, I am quite at a loss.

If anyone else has a suggestion, please do chime in.

mikef845

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
If you are using a mechanical HD, it can cause stuttering and texture popping. An SSD is the answer. Games can be installed on the SSD to reduce lag. Some people like to put the windows swapfile on the SSD as well.
W10 is well known for having lots of background processes. These do advertising and report Windows usage, errors back to Big Brother. If these background processes can be disabled, it might improve performance.
Some games run better on Windows 7 or 8.1.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
if i have windows 10 built into it, is there anyway to change the operating system? it doesent make sense why it screen tears though

Status
Not open for further replies.