Please compare these laptops and also suggest any other good gaming laptops. My budget is $1500.

vaipalande

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I want to buy a gaming laptop. My budget is $1500. I want to buy a laptop in black friday sale. I have been searching the web a lot for gaming laptops. I am a college student. I need to take my laptop with me to classes. So far, I have found these two laptops which suit my needs.

1. MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-007
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152567
Pros according to me: Weighs just 4.5 lbs, Thin, light, 128 gig SSD. $200 less price, Fully customizable steelseries keyboard.
Cons according to me: No extra slot for adding HDD or SSD (Not customizable), heats up when gaming according to laptopmag review, GTX860m compared to GTX970m of ASUS.

2. ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232202
Pros according to me: This laptop I think is best for gaming, better CPU, GTX970m maxwell GPU, great cooling even at extreme gaming according to laptopmag review, expandability in terms of adding extra SSD/HDD and RAM.
Cons according to me: This laptop weighs 9.9lbs, this laptop doesnt have an SSD, although I can add one myself later but again that will add to the total cost., Non customizable keyboard, price is $200 more.

SO guys what do you think I should compromise on? Weight? graphics? SSD? keyboard?

And one more thing is which brand is better in after sales service?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Please suggest if there are any other better laptop choices for my budget which I might have missed.

Thank You

Solution
Get the ASUS, better to get the best now, then to look at parts that are someone replaceable. The GTX 970M alone would make this a much better choice. Hers some downsides for me

a) Prices of SSD drop fast, and storage is climbing at an ok pace.
b) the MSI GS60s if you've ever used one is hot, like literally run Shadows of Mordor for 30 min then flip over to make pancakes hot.
c) the Fans on the MSI are loud and kick up all the time.
d) Didn't really try to investigate too much into it, but when trying to game for the first time, despite being at 1920x1080 would force games to be 1365x800 something was a weird res and could never explain it. After hitting whatever settings and disabling whatever just to try to get 1920x1080 for a game...

Warukyure

Estimable
Get the ASUS, better to get the best now, then to look at parts that are someone replaceable. The GTX 970M alone would make this a much better choice. Hers some downsides for me

a) Prices of SSD drop fast, and storage is climbing at an ok pace.
b) the MSI GS60s if you've ever used one is hot, like literally run Shadows of Mordor for 30 min then flip over to make pancakes hot.
c) the Fans on the MSI are loud and kick up all the time.
d) Didn't really try to investigate too much into it, but when trying to game for the first time, despite being at 1920x1080 would force games to be 1365x800 something was a weird res and could never explain it. After hitting whatever settings and disabling whatever just to try to get 1920x1080 for a game, ended up with a weird blur with some text boxes. (I dunno what this was but it was the strangest thing, could've been a weird default setting MSI programmed, maybe)

Last reason, I have an ASUS, clearly you should get one too (just kidding on this last one)

Solution