Silver_Wolf

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Hi there,

I'm looking for a mp3 player. First I tell you something.

Firsty, I was think about iPod Shuffle for price and quality of course. But it hasn't got any screen which show what you are listening or something like this. So I ignored this.

Secondly, I was think about Creative Zen Stone (not) pluse for price and quality of course. So do I, I ignored this too. Because it is the same thing like iPod Shuffle.

Thirdly, I selected Sony B series NWD-B103/B 1 GB, it looks too small. But it has a good price and some good quality. But no matter, it has a screen which is show the name's of track half-to-half (that is mean half-name) so I ignored the B series too..

Then someguys tell me you should look reviews. And I fastly looked them and now I'm confused.

Now I have two type mp3 player...

1. Creative Zen Stone Plus of course. (I'm a Creative mad!)

It has 2 GB capacity and good quality. But it is same as Sony B series track name half-to-half...

2. Sony S Series. S615 has a good price and good quality also 2 GB capacity but it has a boulder-price for me. You can think why? Because Creative has a V series mp3 player and also has a 4 GB capacity.. I'm too confused guys..

What should I buy? And why..

0 - 125 $ * I can pay for a mp3 player.

ImBullseye

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
If you are looking for an mp3 player, that plays music (not like ipod touch that plays with stupid apps & games...), and you appreciate good sound quality i would definitely go for the sony walkman one. It will be pricier than the creative, but it is worth the money you will spend on it...

I have owned a creative player for 5 years, till it was obsolete. Sound quality was quite good, but sony's sound quality is way over it.

On the other hand, if you are looking for an mp3 player and you plan on "upgrading" it (= buying a new one soon), then go for creative. They are very good for the price they have, will not be as good as sony.

Oh you can also look for Cowon players (if you are looking for good sound quality also) Although you might find some inconvenience with its interface

http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Just read, watch reviews in youtube, forums, etc etc
That way i found my mp3 player (Sony Walkman NWZ-A829) And I am very proud with it

Silver_Wolf

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
imbullseye thanks for your post for helping. Let's discuss something.
Creative and Sony I'm going to buy. I don't need any upgrade ect. Just I want a good mp3 player for listening music. No images,no videos there are not business me.

NWZ-A829 isn't in stock in my country (Turkey). Sony is a good badge. The best. But it make its materials in China now not in Japan. So something change. We have a 20-years-old televesion? Can you believe? 20-years-old. And it is Sony of course. I trust Sony. Sony is good for me but price is too high!

Creative also good. Good quality for music but why they made Zen Stone too small? I don't understand. No screen? What is listening now? Which song is playing? How can I understand it :)

I don't need any upgradable thing. And I don't need the newest thing and don't need the technological thing like you said (gaming ect.)

I have a exam in July. I'm prepared for university. No girl,no games,no television,no social-life.. Can you understand? So my best friend will be music..

Sony NWZ-S615 2 GB is 157.80 $ in here. ( I can handle it.)

Sony NWZ-A815 2 GB is 197.60 $ in here. ( I can't handle it. So I can't handle your Walkman of course. :( )

Creative Zen Stone Plus 2 GB is 118.21 $ in here ( I can handle it too.)

But one thing important could you say me why?

NWZ-S615 2 GB and NWD-B105/FB 2 GB has a same price. Why?

ImBullseye

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
No idea why...

But that is something better for you no? If you want one of those two you just have to decide. If I am not wrong, the S version can handle video, and the B can't. But then again, i own the A800 series, it can support video, and I uploaded one, but as I use it for music I just see it as a "plus" for it. As I have the option to watch some video sometimes...

True with 2 Gb you can't really use it to store some video, then if I had to decide I would go for the non-video one, as with that small capacity it is not worth uploading any video

Sorry I couldn't answer before, but have been quite occupied