Please help in choosing the Home Theatre

Temuka

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hello, I am 28 years old, my name is Tim and I need some help in choosing parts for Home Theater

I have a room of 160 square feet, ceiling height is 13 feet, The floor is one giant carpet (except stand for tv and front speakers place)
TV is connected to PC, the use of sound:
60% of the movies / Sitcoms/ Youtube
Game 20%
20% Music

I have to say that I'm not an avid audiophile and music listening is not priority.
The choice in my city is pretty bad on receivers and speakers, unfortunately a large selection on the HT out of the box. Below I will give the list of parts,which I have in my country.

Receivers:
RX-V379
RX-V477
RX-V577
RX-V677
RX-A850
RX-A2050
RX-A3050

Here there are the speakers:

NS-333 /// NS-50F /// NS-F500 /// NS-PA40
NS-444 /// NS-P60 /// NS-F700 /// NS-P150
NS-555 /// NS-P160 /// NS-C500 /// NS-8390
NS-777 /// NS-F160 /// NS-BP182 /// NS-F150 or F51

Also this one, too:
http://www.eltax.com/en/model/222_Shine-5-pack.html

Well, from the HT out of the box are these:
Samsung-ht-e5530k
Sony-bdv-n9200w

Please help me to choose something adequate, I don't need overkill nor I have any extra audio master demands, because I can't use HT on it's 100% power ( we have a toddler at home)

Do I need any extra glamour receiver + speakers for such small room ?

P.S.This is the picture of my room, the blue box is a TV, sofa is in the middle :)))

fceaa96495e5.jpg

Solution
I can't really recommend any individual parts (looks everything you listed is Yamaha?) I would advise for a self built system as opposed to a "home theater in a box" setup. You'll get a lot more life out of a receiver that you can easily swap in different/better speakers down the road. You can start out with a simple 2.0 or 2.1 setup as well this way instead of going all in on a 5.1 setup from the get go. I did that initially with my setup and it was miles better than the crappy tv speakers with just a 2.0 setup.

For my setup I'm using speakers like the NS-333 so I don't think would be disappointed sticking with something like them. This assumes you have some spots you can put them that is raised off the floor already, otherwise...

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
I can't really recommend any individual parts (looks everything you listed is Yamaha?) I would advise for a self built system as opposed to a "home theater in a box" setup. You'll get a lot more life out of a receiver that you can easily swap in different/better speakers down the road. You can start out with a simple 2.0 or 2.1 setup as well this way instead of going all in on a 5.1 setup from the get go. I did that initially with my setup and it was miles better than the crappy tv speakers with just a 2.0 setup.

For my setup I'm using speakers like the NS-333 so I don't think would be disappointed sticking with something like them. This assumes you have some spots you can put them that is raised off the floor already, otherwise get one of those tower speakers.

I'd also say you would be totally fine with a 5.1 receiver as opposed to a 7.1 or 9.1 receiver for that size room. Be sure it has some sort of 4k passthrough or ability (i think they all do at this point) for some future proofing.

don't forget to measure out how much wire you'll need to run so you don't waste money ordering to much.

Solution