Please help me choose between the Dell and the HP?

Wrathofkhash

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Looking at:
HP ENVY m7-n011dx: i7-5500U, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 2 GB nVidia 940m, 17.3" full HD touch screen
VS: Dell Inspiron 15 I7548-7858SLV, i7-5500U, 4K ultra HD, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 4 GB Radeon R7 M270, 15.6"

The screen size, sound quality, cd/DVD drive and number key pad (or lack thereof in the Dell) don't matter much to me. The touchpad feels 100% better on the Dell, and both have this weird, low crackly noise on the right side upon turning on and then intermittently. I know this because I've tested both.

At this point, my main concern is reliability, sturdiness, overheating, and minor gaming limited to Sims 3/4 (but with lots of mods and cc).

I would really appreciate opinions, as I have been desperate to make a decision and finally narrowed it down to these two, based on my price range ($899 max--I found the Dell as an open box discount and the HP is on sale this week).

Thanks!

Hello Wrathofkhash

Since the Dell laptop you are talking about has 4 GB Radeon R7 M270, 15.6" & 4K Ultra HD and 12 GB RAM, it is sufficient to best fit your needs, especially when the screen size and presence or absence of NumPad don't matter much to you.

Many reviews say that the Dell laptops have less heating issues when compared to HP.

You can view the reviews for other siblings of the said Dell model here.

Good Luck!!