Please help me to Clean this Virus

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
At first Files names in pen drive turned into gibberish text and later on my DSLR Camera Memory gets corrupted and I require to format it in order to use it.

how to get rid of this virus?? please help me

Solution
Correct.

Any connected device could be the problem. That is why so much of trouble-shooting is to simply narrow the problem down to one particular device, one cable, one situation, one person, whatever.....

What makes things even more confusing is the failures are intermittent (sometimes happen, sometimes do not). Or one part of a device will work and another part will not.

If the card reader is not getting power then it could be the outlet, a bad plug, the power supply, an internal power problem, maybe just the power to the memory card slot. Could be the electrical is all good but there is some physical wear and tear that inhibits good firm electrical contact.

And many card readers are low quality to start with: after some...
For the camera check the User Guide/Manual.

If you do not have the Guide go online to the manufacturer's website for the camera model's documentation.

You did not mention a computer but you need to download an AV application and run a scan on your computer. There are several free for home use products available.

Then plug in and scan the pen drive.

Could be just a corruption problem. Eliminate any possible viruses first and then reformat the camera memory and pen drive.

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
@Ralston18
i already have AV application installed in my computer. Even i tried Kaspersky,Eset, Windows Defender,Avast, Anti-malwarebyte but no result. I tried formatting the memory card, initially it's good but the virus attacks again.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
I am just guessing, but are the file names in regular latin characters, or are they in a different character set, such as farsi or greek?
A lot of devices have a hard time with file names in non-latin characters. They just don't know how to support them.

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
well...Pendrive is working fine.
only problem is occurring when I'm using SDHC memory card with a card reader.
i have pictures i wish i could post it here.

If the camera memory cards can be proven to work in some other device then the card reader slot is suspect.

If the memory cards are failing in multiple devices then the cards are suspect. Could be low quality, defective, some formatting issue....

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
@Ralston
it can be it can be !!
sometimes the card reader doesn't get power if i try plug it on and off then it starts working. But I was like how come such problems happens from a hardware device like card reader. So you are saying such problems can happen from card reader as well??

Correct.

Any connected device could be the problem. That is why so much of trouble-shooting is to simply narrow the problem down to one particular device, one cable, one situation, one person, whatever.....

What makes things even more confusing is the failures are intermittent (sometimes happen, sometimes do not). Or one part of a device will work and another part will not.

If the card reader is not getting power then it could be the outlet, a bad plug, the power supply, an internal power problem, maybe just the power to the memory card slot. Could be the electrical is all good but there is some physical wear and tear that inhibits good firm electrical contact.

And many card readers are low quality to start with: after some time and use they start failing. Even little power failures/interuptions (for whatever reason) while writing to the memory card could corrupt the card. And many devices are being made to fail at some time or the other. Add in cheap components, substandard manufacturing methods, limited or no Quality Assurance it is sometimes a wonder that anything works or lasts.

Solution