please i have disassembly my dv7 hp laptop and clean the heat sink but i dont have thermal paste to put on the cpu surface wha

nannaessel

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
please i have disassembly my dv7 hp laptop and clean the heat sink but i dont have thermal paste to put on the cpu surface wha

Solution

If you try to just put it together without any thermal paste there will either be no contact between the heatsink and the component, or the contact will be very rough, thermal dissipation will be awful, and you may even scratch the heatsink, component or both. So it will cost you much more to skip on the thermal paste and cause serious harm to your computer.
You can buy thermal paste at any pc shop, or you can order it online. Should just be a couple of bucks.

HaraldViking

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hey nanna,
Not entirely sure of you question, but if it's "what to do?" then seems simple enough: buy a thermal compount, arctic silver is usually recommended i believe.

Edit: my bad, thanks shaked :D

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

*arctic

nannaessel

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

If you try to just put it together without any thermal paste there will either be no contact between the heatsink and the component, or the contact will be very rough, thermal dissipation will be awful, and you may even scratch the heatsink, component or both. So it will cost you much more to skip on the thermal paste and cause serious harm to your computer.
You can buy thermal paste at any pc shop, or you can order it online. Should just be a couple of bucks.

Solution

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

:D