PLS HELP!! MY ASUS X554L Boots straight into Bios

jerrymkpong

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Been using my ASUS X554L for close to year now windows default OS Windows 8.1 running on it. No problems. None at all.
Woke up, turned on my pc, boots to bios. I turn it off. Put it back on and it still boots to bios. Reset Bios to default still boots into BIOS. Disabled Fast Boot. Enabled CSM. AND the pc boots. Barely stays on for 5mins and it shows a blue screen error with Critical Process died and then Pc goes black and shows Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device. So i decide to check if my drive is the pronlem. I took out my drive and mounted it on external adapter and plugged it into a friend's pc and it comes up in less than a second. Both partitions perfect. Put it back into pc and revet bios setting back to what they were and pc aint booting past BIOS. Installed new OS widnows 10. Pc turns of for a few hours and den poof! Blue Screen Error. Really need help.pls.

Solution
Unfortunately, I went straight from Windows 7 to 10 and haven't seen many 8 or 8.1 versions in my business so I am pretty unfamiliar with them. If it doesn't offer you any StartUp repair options, try mashing the Function 8 key as you power up to see if it offers you Safe Mode.

If you can get in either way, head for the Command form option and at the prompt, type
chkdsk /r
and hit the Enter key. It will take some time but it might find some weak spots on the disk and repair them by moving the data on a sector or cluster of sectors to a safer place.
It's unlikely that both Windows 8.1 and a fresh installation of 10 could break down for the same reason unless it's hardware related. Start it again and press eth Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type cmd and hit the Enter key.

In teh Command form that shows up, at the Prompt type
sfc /scannow
and hit Enter. It may take some time to run the System File Checker and when it completes, type
chkdsk /r
and hit Enter. Again, quite a long scan but it may tell you something about your hard disk.

jerrymkpong

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Thanks for the response. Only problem is right now, the PC doesn't even boot. When I power it on, it just shows the Asus logo and stays stuck at a black screen. Sometimes it shows repairing drive when it's coming on. But still does not come on as such I haven't been able to try the fix you posted.

Unfortunately, I went straight from Windows 7 to 10 and haven't seen many 8 or 8.1 versions in my business so I am pretty unfamiliar with them. If it doesn't offer you any StartUp repair options, try mashing the Function 8 key as you power up to see if it offers you Safe Mode.

If you can get in either way, head for the Command form option and at the prompt, type
chkdsk /r
and hit the Enter key. It will take some time but it might find some weak spots on the disk and repair them by moving the data on a sector or cluster of sectors to a safer place.

Solution

sivera

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Open up your Asus X554L laptop again and press down the hard drive connector board to the mainboard. Your laptop is booting into the Bios because its not picking up the hard drive. The hard drive board is a seperate board that connects to the mainboard. Let me know if it solves your problem.