Plugged headphones in the wrong hole on my laptop won't turn on

Anonymus389

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
I was on my laptop (asus) and I wanted to plug in my headphones. Absent-minded, I put them in the longest hole by accident. The laptop turned off and won't turn back on again, I have tried charging but it still won't turn on. I only got it a week ago. Please help I'm worried out of my mind! I can't take the battery out!

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Pull the battery and give it a few. Reconnect the battery and wall power and see if it makes any difference. It makes zero sense as to your machine crapping out due to a headphone plug being inserted into another 3.5mm plug spot.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Pull the battery and give it a few. Reconnect the battery and wall power and see if it makes any difference. It makes zero sense as to your machine crapping out due to a headphone plug being inserted into another 3.5mm plug spot.

BurntWaffle

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
The same thing happened to me!
I had my Asus laptop on the lockscreen, and tried to plug in my headphones. Silly me tried to plug it into the USB port. It shut down seconds later and won't turn on. No lights, no nothing. And my laptop doesn't have a place where you can take out the battery. I've only had my laptop for almost a month.. It was my Christmas present, and I really value it.
I really need help.

akosijamess

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Same problem here. My ASUS Laptop is the X555L Series which the battery isn't really detachable. I hope someone could give an advice for this thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dodger X Laptop Tech Support 0
ScottyPXP Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
ImMariaJoao Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Pentovillianking Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 5
K Laptop Tech Support 14
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 5