polarized LCD screen

Dec 9, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have an HP dv6-6b27 nr, for lack of a better word the LCD screen is polarized, looks like the aurora lights are running through it. I have replaced the screen, but I still have the same results, when I hook it up to an external monitor it is fine. Is it possible the cable to the motherboard is bad? or while the screen was supposed to be an exact replacement,(I did notice differences, but nothing substantial) should I return this screen RMA and look for an exact match or just go ahead and replace the cable to the motherboard?

Solution
It is completely possible that the cable is the problem. I would also suggest that you do return the replacement display and get an exact match. But try getting your money back first and go with the cable to start. It is way cheaper and if that is the problem, then there would be no need to replace the display.
It is completely possible that the cable is the problem. I would also suggest that you do return the replacement display and get an exact match. But try getting your money back first and go with the cable to start. It is way cheaper and if that is the problem, then there would be no need to replace the display.

Solution