Police Raid Gizmodo Editor's Home Over iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Of course they were able to raid his house. If he lived in Texas, they would have tripped the automated machine guns and deployment of the rapid wolverines on angel dust. Just sayin.

emtownsend

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
The judge screwed up and should never have issued that warrant... It was likely done on purpose with knowledge they cannot keep anything, but they will still get the info they want. Sneaky and not right. Let us know what happens!

G

Does this mean every place that reported about the iphone 4G is going to be subjected to a raid?

G

this shows the type of company that apple is. a subversive and evil company that will manipulate the facts to further themselves. they probably influenced the judge somehow. heck the guy returned the damn phone.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Can't there be a single country where the government doesn't abuse people? Was there ANY reason to take his computers?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm pretty sure this is all legal. Apple is claiming that the phone was stolen and that Gizmodo knowingly bought stolen property. Whether this is true or not will come out later, and possibly lead to charges.

What surprised me here is that Apple would do this at all. There is no upside. They already got the device back, damage has been done, all this will do is piss off a lot of enthusiasts. Bad PR in effect here.

G

I hope Google wins out in the Smart Devices race. Apple's head is getting too big. This is beyond ridiculous.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I'm pretty sure this is all legal. Apple is claiming that the phone was stolen and that Gizmodo knowingly bought stolen property. Whether this is true or not will come out later, and possibly lead to charges.[/citation]

To further elaborate:

If I steal at TV from BestBuy and tell you that I have a stolen TV for sale, then you buy it from me, this is illegal and you could get charged for this.

The questions here are 1) was this iPhone stolen or just found (and depending on California law, you may have to report a 'found' device, selling it without reporting may be illegal) and 2) did Gizmodo know that the device was stolen when they bought it.

G

Wow! what a waste of taxpayer money. No more fee press huh? I thought Apple sucked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS