Status
Not open for further replies.

omnipresent

Estimable
May 19, 2015
1. What is your budget?
$500; not much wiggle room. Would love for it to be less though. The less expensive the better! Willing to buy refurbished to save.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
For portability, I think 13 inch is perfect. I will consider 11 and 15 inch if they have everything else I need for a great price.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter, but obviously, the higher the better.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portability! I would like something between a Macbook Air and Macbook Pro if possible. Weight and thinness are very important. However, if I need to sacrifice them just a little for more power in my price range, that is fine. However, portability is King for this since I will be lugging this through college.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Whatever. Obviously, the longer the better. But not a deal breaker by any means as long as it isn't absurdly short.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not a requirement. If it can, that's great.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Coding. Some photoshop, illustrator, etc. I currently have this: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-E1-572-6870-Processor-Windows-Clarinet/dp/B00DDFESKC and it runs the programs but sometimes gets tripped up when working with something very large. I would like something lighter that has the specs to do more than what I currently have.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not a huge deal but 128gb or more would be awesome.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Wherever I can get the best deal!

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not a necessity. In fact, I think they would be a hindrance to my thinness goals.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a big deal

13. What country do you live in?
U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
A core i7 processor would be great but I am not sure if that can be found in my price and size range (if you can find that, I will love you forever!), but as long as it is portable and has an i5 processor better than the i5-4200U it will be an improvement. Also, I think 16gb RAM is completely unobtainable and 8gb might be a stretch but still possible. 4gb would work but I would really love 8gb.

This Asus Zenbook, particularly the i5 variant looks to match pretty much everything except price. Anything less expensive with similar or maybe even better specs?

Thanks for any help!

omnipresent

Estimable
May 19, 2015

Thank you for your answer. This is definitely an option. Is is possible that there is something with similar internals with a 13 inch screen and less weight to it? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.