potential trojan and removal

noob2014

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I am a complete non technical person so 3xcuse my simple language
on my browser of,my prestogio tablet i got a warning sayingi had a fatal trojan as a result of browsing adult,orientated websites. I was worried but didnt click on the link it gave but instead i deleted all apps with personal data and did a factory reset.
I already had avg protection but there didnt appear anything untoward.

One the reset was complete i installed kaspersky and avg and ran a scan on both that came back clear.

My question is did i have a trojan at all and is the action i took sufficient to clear it and should i take any further action.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
It was probably a popup intended to trick you into believing you were infected, so you would install their "cleaner," which would have been the actual infection. If you restored to factory settings, you should be good.

noob2014

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks for the answer the scan from kaspersky is coming up clean but the avg scan is saying my settings app is malware im now confused there doesnt seem to be any issues with the tablet and ive not reinstalledvery much and kept away from installing anything which has payment details,on it. So im not sure what to do next ... asi said im just a noob here