power change popup

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I want windows to give me a big fat alert when some clown kicks my plug out
at the net café. anyone know any apps/procedures?

Solution

that won't help is my middle name. I took a flyer after rummaging thru the freeware and
decided to try "battery care". it runs in the background and has customizable settings
such as automatically changing power plans when input power changes(more reliably
than windows). I set the low battery alarm to go off at 95% charge(sounds like an eighteen
wheeler). it also has an alert for full charge which is kinda nice. also its alerts are
independent of windows alerts so I have effectively double coverage. I will post next time
there is a bull in the net café.
Try the following and see if it helps.

1. Upon booting the computer go into BIOS.

2. On the BIOS screen go to the "Configuration" menu and then the "Alarm" sub-menu.

3. In here you want to set the "Power Control Beep" to "Enabled".

4. This should make the computer beep when the power cord is disconnected.

5. Now "Save and Exit" BIOS and you should be good.

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

thx, but these bios options don't exist on an hp L2000 Lance Armstrong laptop

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

MAIN

sys time
sys date
notebook model
sys board id
processor type
processor speed
system memory
bios version
serial
uuid

SECURITY

admin pass
power on pass
drive lock pass
Device Security

floppy boot
cd boot

advanced

language support
boot order
Access Options

f 10 delay

video memory options
embedded wireless
embedded Bluetooth
Battery Settings

battery life
performance

TOOLS

hard drive self test

EXIT

and that is all all (left out the specs and settings info but these are 100% of the options) go fish.

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

that won't help is my middle name. I took a flyer after rummaging thru the freeware and
decided to try "battery care". it runs in the background and has customizable settings
such as automatically changing power plans when input power changes(more reliably
than windows). I set the low battery alarm to go off at 95% charge(sounds like an eighteen
wheeler). it also has an alert for full charge which is kinda nice. also its alerts are
independent of windows alerts so I have effectively double coverage. I will post next time
there is a bull in the net café.

Solution