power goes off

andreea888

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
hello. First of all, I'm sorry if the question has been asked before, maybe I used the wrong keywords but I coudn't find an answer to this anywhere.
I have a samsung smart tv, which works fine, but when I tried to plug in the hdmi cable, the power went out in all the apartment. I switched the safety back on, power came back, and I noticed that if I want to use hdmi to connect the tv to my pc, I first have to remove the ..tv cable (I'm not sure that's how it's called, the cable from my provider). So I can't have both the hdmi cable and the tv cable inserted at the same time, or the power goes out. Is this normal? Do you all have to unplug one and insert the other to switch from cable to hdmi, each time? I hope it's not a stupid question, it's my first tv.
thank you for your answer

Edit: I forgot to mention that both the tv and the pc were turned off while I was plugging the cable.

andreea888

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
Hey.
for the first question: I'm not sure if they're grounded, but I have an outlet with two slots, I use one for the tv and the other one goes to a extension cord, in which I have my pc. I'm going to look it up in google to see how to check if it's grounded. Also I might try putting the extension cord with the pc in a different outlet, see if that works.
And for the 2nd question..I'm not sure that we're talking about the same plug, but the tv plug which I cannot insert if the hdmi is in, is the one you get from your provider, so you can watch channels, and it.s round, circle end with a pin inside it.