power is on but it has no display

HarethSarah

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I have my toshiba satellite c660D here. I always have a problem turning my laptop on. I mean it is on but no display. Numlock and capslock no light. I just open this yesterday and i turn it off then im gonna use it again but it wont open. I already remove my battery i only use the cords. And i already tried holding the power button for 30secs. Please help me

Hi

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do another hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will not work and you can hear that your laptop is on but there's no display, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- If there's a display on the external monitor that means there's a problem with the built in display. Try if you can open the laptop then check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. if it will still not work that means you'll need to replace the LCD.
- Here's a replacement screen: http://www.amazon.co.uk/REPLACEMENT-TOSHIBA-SATELLITE-C660D-1C7-NOTEBOOK/dp/B008EH7DB0
- But if there's still no display onto the external display proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- And if all these will not work, the problem would be the motherboard.