Solved! Power plan changing on its own

Mar 3, 2022
My laptop's power plan changes to Balanced from High power and its extremely annoying as I have a plex media server and mine crypto on it. The little help there is online has proven useless

Solution
Power settings can be tricky. Make sure you are running as an admin. Make the change and immediately restart your computer and see if it still sticks. Really poke around in the power settings as there are several pages of settings and some are a little to find.

Not to be a wet blank, but mining crypto on a laptop is rather a lost cause. You are competing with guys running huge mining farms with specialized equipment and cheap (sometime stolen) power. Laptops are not built to run at 100% hour after hour. Heat is an enemy of all electronics. You will shorten the life of your laptop. I doubt the meager results of mining will make up for that.
Power settings can be tricky. Make sure you are running as an admin. Make the change and immediately restart your computer and see if it still sticks. Really poke around in the power settings as there are several pages of settings and some are a little to find.

Not to be a wet blank, but mining crypto on a laptop is rather a lost cause. You are competing with guys running huge mining farms with specialized equipment and cheap (sometime stolen) power. Laptops are not built to run at 100% hour after hour. Heat is an enemy of all electronics. You will shorten the life of your laptop. I doubt the meager results of mining will make up for that.

Solution

mr_random

Great
Feb 28, 2022
my laptop will automatically change power settings if i am using software that needs lots of resources or is cpu intensive.

you are aware that mining coins is a intensive job for any machine especially on a laptop that is not designed for it.

do you have like 100 laptops laptop farm doing coins? be cheaper to buy a asic unit.

Mar 3, 2022

my laptop will automatically change power settings if i am using software that needs lots of resources or is cpu intensive.

you are aware that mining coins is a intensive job for any machine especially on a laptop that is not designed for it.

do you have like 100 laptops laptop farm doing coins? be cheaper to buy a asic unit.
I make like a solid 70 dollars a month and I'm mining eth, not bitcoin. so most GPUs can mine it can get some money and higher-end ones make more