Solved! Power problem?

papafee

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
my hp/compac NC8430 laptop kept giving me a message saying that the charger was not plugged in and it was not charging. then it just died. I thought it was the power cord/charger so I replaced that and just got it but it still does'nt work. When I push the power button the battery light flashes saying it needs juice. Can you help

Solution
First try removing the battery and then trying to start it up with it plugged in. If it starts it is a problem with the battery. If it doesn't, I would suspect that it is an issue with the power jack. I had a compaq laptop a few years back that had similar symptoms due to a bad power jack. If it is still under warranty, get in touch with HP/Compaq to get it worked out. If not, look into any computer repair shops in your area.
First try removing the battery and then trying to start it up with it plugged in. If it starts it is a problem with the battery. If it doesn't, I would suspect that it is an issue with the power jack. I had a compaq laptop a few years back that had similar symptoms due to a bad power jack. If it is still under warranty, get in touch with HP/Compaq to get it worked out. If not, look into any computer repair shops in your area.

Solution