PR Experts Say iPhone 4 Recall is 'Inevitable'

Status
Not open for further replies.

a-a-a

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Not a chance. Only the savviest of users knows or even cares. So about 1% of the user base is pissed off. 99% is unaware. All three PR firms are wrong.

If Apple does a recall now, it would do far more damage than doing nothing at all.

japolinar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Everybody knows about that since the beginning, lol, is that or to give free plastic surgeries for their users so they can hold it the right way.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Apple will issue a recall for the current iPhone4 just before the next generation iPhone comes out. By then, it wouldn't matter. Apple can protect it's brand image, not spend much money on the recall effort, and fleece the same loyal customers all over again.

barmaley

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I know 5 people at work who use new iPhones in protective cases for 5 bucks and all of them are very happy. So far, the positives the phone has outweigh the negatives. We will see what happens next...

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I heard Apple are already shipping iPhone 4's with a coating on the metal strip to stop the antenna issue. Can anyone confirm?

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
everyone at my work uses iphone4's in cases(No one seems to complain). I bet the guy who designed the phone got fired

Plus.. You guys are just holding it wrong

nsmetana

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]a-a-a[/nom]Not a chance. Only the savviest of users knows or even cares. So about 1% of the user base is pissed off. 99% is unaware. All three PR firms are wrong. If Apple does a recall now, it would do far more damage than doing nothing at all.[/citation]

OK, random guy, you're right. All the PR experts are completely wrong, you obviously know more about the subject than them, and blatantly have more experience with such issues.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]a-a-a[/nom]Not a chance. Only the savviest of users knows or even cares. So about 1% of the user base is pissed off. 99% is unaware. All three PR firms are wrong. If Apple does a recall now, it would do far more damage than doing nothing at all.[/citation]

where do you think the "99% who are n00bs" got the idea to buy an Apple product from?

they would have got it from the "1% who are tech crazy fanboys" who are pissed.

Apple design and build quality has been one thing even the biggest Anti-Apple person has struggled to not show respect. if they loose that... there really is legitimately no reason to put up with all the extra apple crap you have to put up with.

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

It has been all over the national news paper on practically all the news channels 99% of people must have been living under rocks(excluding Steve Jobs lol)

hellswaters

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

Well, the other day, I overheard a conversation between two people who do not fit into the stereotype of tech savie (I could be wrong and they know a lot,) they where both older men, about 60 years old, and they both knew about the issue with the iphone 4. To me, that tells me that the problem is well known.

As for the recall, they SHOULD issue one, however I do not see it happening. That would come at a massive cost to all involved, and involve Mr. Jobs admitting that there is a issue on the hardware side, which he has said does not exist.

If he does anything, I think it would be discounted bumpers, given for a very short period of time, and announced very quietly. No speeches or anything, something you would need to ask for.

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
[citation][nom]a-a-a[/nom]So about 1% of the user base is pissed off. 99% is unaware.[/citation]That may have been the case at one point, but once a mainstream pub the likes of Consumer Reports raises the issue, many, many people will be second-guessing their decisions.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Apple fans turn a blind eye to this article! Quick! Bask in your ignorance! just chant "there-is-nothing-wrong-with-the-iphone-4!" repeat.

If that doesn't work hold your breath until everyone forgets about the reception problem. Yah that will work.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
A recall will not happen because apple would have to admit some kind of fault. Worst case scenario, they will offer a "connection improvement kit" to those who request one. Odds are they will charge shipping, which will have the apple tax applied to it as well.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
While they should do a recall, they won't. As mentioned previously in comments, very few people are aware of this issue, as very few of Apple fans are actually "tech-savvy".

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I recomend Apple offer bio-engineering to cause future humans left hands to sprout a thumb on the opposite side. Thereby correcting what Apple says is the "real" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.