Solved! Preformance degeneration

G

Hey,
i have a Acer Aspire 7720 from 2008.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz
GPU: A Nivdia 9500M GS GFX card
I seems that these couple of last 2 moths the performance of my laptop is severely degenerating.Games that worked perfectly 2 month ago, are not working properly. For example,i play league of legends on the laptop and loading times used to 20 sec, know they are around 1-2 min. Also, my FPS have dropped from 60 to 30. I've recently (1 year ago)reinstalled a new OS, win 7. I've also cleaned my laptop 5 months ago, so i've removed all the dust blocking the cpu cooler.
So what could the cause be of this problem, do i need to reinstall Win7?? Get a new HDD ??

Solution
The best way to lower temps is probably the most complex procedure you will undertake with your laptop.

Basically you need to apply a new layer of thermal paste onto the various heatsinks in your laptop. That means taking your laptop apart to get to the innards to access the heatsinks.
G

Hmm, yeah i've just check it with speedfan
aze1l.jpg

aze2l.jpg

On the chart you can see the temps of the CPU, and GPU over a time span of 15 min. The first part, i was just browsing on the internet. You can clearly see an increase in temp, that's when i was started watching a live HD Stream. The temps seem to be very high, how can i lower em ??

The best way to lower temps is probably the most complex procedure you will undertake with your laptop.

Basically you need to apply a new layer of thermal paste onto the various heatsinks in your laptop. That means taking your laptop apart to get to the innards to access the heatsinks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS