Prisoners Hacking PS3 to Charge Their Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

qhoa1385

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I work my ass of to buy a PS3 while those fuckers got PS3 for free??

WTF?

and we're paying for them to live... a better life than us?

barmaley

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
PS3's inside prison cells and ordering meals??? Talk about "doing time" in style !

What kind of crime do I need to commit to go to THAT prison?

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Pickpocket Uncle Sam, or copy some music or computer games. But don't rape or kill, you'll get only slapped on the wrist and fined for that.

Aren't prisons supposed to be CORRECTIONAL facilities? How come then they can sit on their asses playing games, watching TV, have meals ordered and even earn money in prison, while the rest of us law abiding grunts have to work to the grave only to see Uncle Sam take most of it in taxes, and the rest by rampaging price raises? And they even send the bill for running that prison to us tax payers...

Pheh, crime does pay apparently. Now where are those pirated games, I need to cut my living costs and get dinner served for me....

punnar

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I hope that the only ones getting the PS3's in their cell are U.S. citizen prisoners....=(

Oh, wait a minute. This is prison, the people in there are supposed to be punished for something they did wrong. Being able to play PS3 and watch TV is more like a reward don't you think?

It's like grounding you kid to his room but all of his toys are in there.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The thing to note here is that it is on one highly controversial experimental prison in the UK, actually correctly called a correction facility, which focus on rehabilitation of inmates from lower social classes but otherwise well functioning with minor sentences, which includes in-prison education, and after served time help with finding jobs, housing and so on. The education and all related services that are beyond what you'd normally have in a regular prison is self-payed in the sense that the inmates agree to follow the programmes while in prison and to be monitored after served time until they have repayed their services, in effect that could be many many years after the served time.

aft_lizard01

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Where does it say they are PS3's? Are you sure they aren't PS2's? I remember the same story from over a year ago saying it was a PS2, I believe even the same newspaper.

In fact I am correct here is the same story from 2009, same paper, same prison.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/09/14/crafty-cons-use-cell-playstations-to-charge-their-illegal-mobile-phones-86908-21672452/

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Dear god UK, WTH is wrong with you? Allowing your inmates, of any criminal status, to play games and watch TV WHILE IN THEIR CELLS?!!

Nevermind the Californian prisons where inmates are living in luxury with high class sports arenas, game rooms with pool tables and ping pong tables.

Nor the Illinois prison that looks like a resort with beautiful glass vistas on the surrounding landscape and illegals flooding the cells.

Actually, on second thought, we're not that much better. How bout this, screw all progressive govn'ts that afford such wealth to the wrongdoers of their countries. Prison is a punishment, not a reinforcement.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]saturnus[/nom]The thing to note here is that it is on one highly controversial experimental prison in the UK, actually correctly called a correction facility, which focus on rehabilitation of inmates from lower social classes but otherwise well functioning with minor sentences...[/citation]

Looks like the experiment is working...they're producing a better class of criminal.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]punnar[/nom]I hope that the only ones getting the PS3's in their cell are U.S. citizen prisoners....=(Oh, wait a minute. This is prison, the people in there are supposed to be punished for something they did wrong. Being able to play PS3 and watch TV is more like a reward don't you think?It's like grounding you kid to his room but all of his toys are in there.[/citation]

Yeah, living in a cell is not enough of a punishment. Lets flog them at least once a week, it will help "correcting".

PS
I seriously doubt the silly assumption of the journalist about flat TV and PS3s in cells is correct.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]Pickpocket Uncle Sam, or copy some music or computer games. But don't rape or kill, you'll get only slapped on the wrist and fined for that.Aren't prisons supposed to be CORRECTIONAL facilities? How come then they can sit on their asses playing games, watching TV, have meals ordered and even earn money in prison, while the rest of us law abiding grunts have to work to the grave only to see Uncle Sam take most of it in taxes, and the rest by rampaging price raises? And they even send the bill for running that prison to us tax payers...Pheh, crime does pay apparently. Now where are those pirated games, I need to cut my living costs and get dinner served for me....[/citation]

actually you pay for federal prisons, and some state run ones. prisons with this kind of stuff are private. and they make money off the prisons, by putting them to work, and work jobs that are the equivilany of 15-20$ an hour. the state pays their basic liveing costs, which is 10-15grand. based on performance, they may get better cells and the like, and some, you can pay 350-1500 a day to get a better living arrangement, think a 200$ hotel equivilant at best. that comest to ove a million a year, if they self upgrade.

and prisions are supost to be corectional ficilities. but the ones we all think of actualy breed harder criminals than when they went in

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Do you people read? This was in the UK...has nothing to do with Uncle Sam. FYI I rather prisoners play games in their cells, than become bored and violent and murder gurads and try to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.