Pro-Copyright Musician Was Pirating Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Lol... Way to go. Dumb chick I bet she felt all butthurt too. Was good claiming shit for copyright yet she saysthat its cause she is too stupid to not share music from other artists, herself? Well some are dumb and poor. You are just dumb, so still no excuse. Glad you are done making money out of what you f**ked up yourself. ffs...

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
This is brilliant. So she has openly admitted that she only made albums for money.

Then it is such a relief that she will stop, leaves room on the shelf for us real musicians.

99lawrence

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
The way the industry is nowadays, you are better just making a go of it on the live scene, paying for recordings yourself and only copyrighting it or the sake of potential use in other media. That way, you can ignore average Joe downloading it for free as this is spreading your music far and wide and concentrate on where the money is for the artist, live shows. As long as you are reputable as a live artist and you are prepared to invest the time, you can make your living with the off chance of being large enough to release a profitable record later on with some industry backing.

Lilly Allen would be in some what of a conundrum if it wasn't for her already acquired fame/infamy. Having witnessed her at Bestival, I can say quite confidently that she doesn't have what it takes to be a live.

Anyhow, how ironic that she should be hiding behind the last defence of someone who definitely knew better. The legendary excuse; 'I didn't know any better.'

Biggest douch in the universe nominee anyone?

G

wait...where's the news about the MAFIAA suing her gazillion of dollar for music sharing? oh wait, she was one of the "family"...

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... there should be no copyright... but copy-it-right... i gladly pay a good artist by buying a good album with some extras or buying a concert ticket... and i hope, that the artist get the money from me... not the junk-food-record labels... you can't copy a movie or concert experience...

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
It is much better for folks in music to have dreams of making it in the Industry.I am an artist and shared those dreams until I found out about what it would be like to sign witha large label.And it was not pretty.Since the early 80's all I wanted to do was "put out" my own art and not use any corp label.And years later I do not go back onmy decision.With the Internet now any artist no longer needs these bigwig bozos so they can all go crash and burn.All young musicians can now be their own label and get the money they deserve instead of being ripped off by corp RIAA stooge labels.
And as far as that stupid girl singer I posted on her blog that she was wrong and I freely give away my art as 256-320k mp3.
www.bigmeathammer.com/archives.htm

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Geez. Take a look back to where you were 5 years ago. I bet all of you were still using Kazzaa to pirate music. People change as they become more educated. She entered the industry and learned that people are indeed breaking the law when they rip and share music.

If you people haven't learned anything in the last 5 years (probably true in the authors case) then continue circle jerking to your lulz.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Geez. Take a look back to where you were 5 years ago. I bet all of you were still using Kazzaa to pirate music. People change as they become more educated. She entered the industry and learned that people are indeed breaking the law when they rip and share music.If you people haven't learned anything in the last 5 years (probably true in the authors case) then continue circle jerking to your lulz.[/citation]

The problem here isn't copyright but her congruency. Saying one thing and doing another is completely hypocritical.

The moral here is is not about piracy but about being consistent with your beliefs and principles and showing everyone that your word is good by following through with your actions.

Although that especially applies to people in the spotlight (who are seen as role models), it applies to everyone.

dnaeye

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
She seems very confused. Also, she made good music. Why is she quitting music altogether? Is she that embarrassed by her lapse in logic?

G

The depressing thing is that despite her gaping hypocrisy, this is being ignored by almost all the mainstream media (only the Telegraph and Wired have reported it AFAICS) - the rest are going with the "Lily Allen and other artists support the Government". She's being given credit for unifying the artists to support this draconian three strikes law, and they're also reporting how she received "abuse" - despite the fact that most comments on her blog (all of them, that I saw) were reasonable, and plenty of abuse was targetted against those who disagreed with her (e.g., James Allan's offensive rant: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a178899/glasvegas-singer-slams-tight-students.html ).

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]99lawrence[/nom]'Biggest douch in the universe nominee anyone?[/citation]

I believe John Edward already was nominated and won.
-South Park Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.