Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
how are you guys

I have asus g750jh-db71
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JH/HelpDesk/

tried to to install windows 8.1 because It came with windows 8
the problem is the laptop come with 2 ssd 128gb in Raid 0
somehow I make every ssd alone not in raid 0 then I installed windows 8.1
now am trying to recover the os to the factory reset but when I tried from the booting then I press F9 it told me the recovery image incorrect or something like that !!

if there is any way to do it ?
if not how I put the 2 ssd in Raid 0 from the bios?

thank you

Solution
When you lost the RAID 0 you also lost the Factory install.

What you can do is 1) Get a hold of ASUS tell them whats up, and see if you can get a factory install CD.

2) Is to go in, setup the RAID 0 again, and reinstall windows 8.1 and have the 256 GB Raid 0 and not have the recovery partition.

Most likely in the BIOS you have to set the two hard drives to RAID, then reboot and then it will most likely ask you to press a Key combo like CTRL+I or something like that to access the RAID Controller, Then setup a new Stripped or RAID 0 and then install windows on that.

I don't see how you lost the RAID 0 unless you screwed something up. How did you install windows 8.1?

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
When you lost the RAID 0 you also lost the Factory install.

What you can do is 1) Get a hold of ASUS tell them whats up, and see if you can get a factory install CD.

2) Is to go in, setup the RAID 0 again, and reinstall windows 8.1 and have the 256 GB Raid 0 and not have the recovery partition.

Most likely in the BIOS you have to set the two hard drives to RAID, then reboot and then it will most likely ask you to press a Key combo like CTRL+I or something like that to access the RAID Controller, Then setup a new Stripped or RAID 0 and then install windows on that.

I don't see how you lost the RAID 0 unless you screwed something up. How did you install windows 8.1?

Solution

bomuaz

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
actually my "smart" idiot friend want to try something and that what did happen

I will try to contact Asus first if not I will try to install new windows with raid 0

whish me luck

I will update what will happen later