Problem with ASUS X501A-Blank Screen

cammianne

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
My daughter sent me her laptop to try to fix for her. The computer appears to power up (lights on front of computer turn on, etc.) but the screen remains black. I've checked the basics (F6, F7, removing and reinstalling battery, etc.)

I finally hooked it up to an external monitor, and it does appear on screen there fine. I'm waiting for her to send me her password so I can log in, but once in, I'm not sure what I should be looking for anyway. Any ideas on where to start?

Solution
Woohoo!!! It worked!!! I pulled up a youtube video so I'd know what I was doing. After I removed the frame and the two screws from the screen, I was able to tell that the connector was not in all the way. Removed the tape, pushed it in all the way, replaced the tape, and put everything back together. Just rebooted and, Yippee, it's on!!! Now my daughter will owe me another visit to get her computer back, LOLOL. Thanks!

cammianne

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
One more quick thing. I just got her password and am now in her computer. I was asking her if she thought she could have a virus and she stated she didn't think so. She said when it started going out, it would flicker and she would tap the computer and it would come back on. I'm wondering if the connection is just loose or something???

cammianne

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
Woohoo!!! It worked!!! I pulled up a youtube video so I'd know what I was doing. After I removed the frame and the two screws from the screen, I was able to tell that the connector was not in all the way. Removed the tape, pushed it in all the way, replaced the tape, and put everything back together. Just rebooted and, Yippee, it's on!!! Now my daughter will owe me another visit to get her computer back, LOLOL. Thanks!

Solution