Problem with Boot Time Defragmentation.

WolfsBane

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello o/ I have a question regarding defragmentation.

Yesterday I tried defragmenting my C drive boot time using Raxco's Perfect Disk (the latest version). However, it accidentally started while I was in Uni and without a charger (battery fully charged though).

The defragmenting itself was going fine (defragmenting the paging file) before the laptop went to sleep mode.

When I turned my laptop back on, I got a Black Screen, so I long pressed the power button and restarted.

My laptop still works fine, but I can no longer do boot time scan, says it cannot verify volume.

Is there some way to salvage this, or do I have to clean wipe my laptop?

PS, I use Windows 10, which apparently has a 'Resetting' option, and an 'Advanced Startup' which let you start from a USB System Image file (which I have). What should I do?

WolfsBane

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I just tried, (even looked up different ways to), but the chkdsk won't start, weather I restart the comp or shut down and turn on.

WolfsBane

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Sorry for the late reply.

No error messages at all.

When I type the above in command prompt (elevated), no error message. But when I restart, it doesn't start.

Also, out of curiositly I tried setting Boot time defrag again. I got a message: "chkdsk scheduled to run. Are you sure?"

Update2: I tried restarting again, got a message like: "Scanning and Repairing drive \\?\\C" with the Windows logo on top, then the laptop self booted itself again. I can still access my laptop fine (typing this message from it right now) but C drive is getting pretty cluttered and slow.

Help.