Problem With Keeping Track Of Dates On Videos/Photos

G

Hey guys, I have an issue here, and it has been something that I haven't paid much attention to until now where it is bugging me. Whenever I try to find out the real creation dates of photos/videos (a.k.a when they were taken), there are two different dates, one where the video/photo was created on the filesystem and the other when it was actually taken. I get confused by the Date Modified and Accessed because they are not the real dates, but instead are dates on the filesystem. So therefore I always have to use exiftool to show the real creation dates on the photos/videos and I have to manually rename my video/photo files with datestamps like this e.g. (Youtube Test Video [7-27-16}.mp4) on it which is extremely time consuming since I drag in lots of videos very often onto my desktop. Is there a much easier and less time consuming way to do this? If I'm preserving memories from videos and photos, I do not want to find out years later where the date that these were taken were absolutely wrong.

Solution

You can download that, it should import things the same way.
G

Are there any other programs or options I could use? Picasa doesn't exist now so it's called Google Photos.

You can download that, it should import things the same way.

Solution
Windows explorer (when switched into "Details" view) has an option to sort / show "Data Taken" field, in addition to modified / accessed.

There are plenty of other programs to use, I have fallen recently in "love" with this app.

THe problem with Picasa is not that you can't download it, but that Google has changed / discontinued the Google Maps' API which Picasa used to geotag the photos.

G

Other programs like what? What type of software am I looking for for my purpose here? Photo Manager software?