Problem with Mic on skype and other VOIP software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentalish

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not.. if not im sorry

I am having this huge problem that is annoying me and my friends.

I talk to them on skype a lot and i have windows 7 64 bit and im using an onboard soundcard from the intel x38 bonetrail motherboard

When I am playing games people hear what I hear as if im broadcasting but I am not. same goes for youtube or music... people have told me to go to my sound options and go to levels and mute the mic.. but there is no mic located anywhere
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5836/soundy.jpg

and when i go to the mixer there is nothing either http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3789/mixerg.jpg

mic boost makes it worse for people.. but if i dont have it on then people cant hear me. im using a SteelSeries Siberia Full-size Headset with the clip on mic it comes with...

I have never had this problem before.. it just started happening this month..

I hope someone can please help me it gets really annoying sometimes
Thanks

Dr_M0rph3us

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
First, you need to install the driver for your Audio Interface (from what I've seen in the second screen-shot, you have the generic "High Definition Audio Device" interface name, which may mean that you should install the latest audio driver for your audio processor (Realtek / Creative / etc).

Also, you need to select your recording sound source / device: go to Start > Control Panel > Sound (or Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound if view by categories), go to the Recording tab, find your SteelSeries external microphone (or simply, Microphone Input), right-click on it, and "Set as Default Device". If your friends still hear the audio from your PC, it may mean that Stereo Mix may have something to do with this - try to set it to minimum or disable it.

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.