Problem with Philips TV - Sound but no picture

Oct 21, 2018
Hello,

I've already read a lot of threads through the Internet about this kind of problem, but stil I'd like to ask specifically about mine.

I have a Philips Smart Tv 50PUT6400.

Recently, it developed a slight problem where the middle part of the panel was dimmer than the above and the bottom parts. But still, except for that, it was working the same.

Then one day, it just stopped giving picture. It had just sound.

Now, when you switch it on, only the bottom part lights up and then just sound and no picture or light.

I've read a lot that the T-con board may be the solution to my problem, but I'm not really confident.

Could you tell me if you have any idea what's wrong??

Thank you in advance.

ChumP

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Well... I'm not an expert but I also had a Philips TV(cheaper model) with a similar problem.
Sound was coming through only from the soundbar, but no image. Sometimes would power on instantly, but the sound was coming through(from the TV speakers) after a few minutes. In another case the TV would power on but the whole screen was so dimly lit that I could only see some traces on the screen.
Turned out that it had a broken capacitor on the power supply, so it wasn't powered correctly(they put really low quality power supplies in them usually).

Oct 21, 2018
Thank you very much ChumP for your answer.

I don’t think that’s the case with mine though, because I never get image but the sound is working perfectly.

Is there anyone who may have an idea about what’s wrong?

Do you believe a new T-con board will make it work?

Thanks!!