Solved! Problems connecting an LG oled with a panasonic home theatre system

Dec 28, 2018
I have connected my new LG oled tv to my old Panasonic HTS using HDMI, it includes a HD recorder box in the loop with an optic lead from HTS to HD recorder. I used the "Device Connector" on the TV but sill cant get sound through the HTS. Am I missing something?, or am I naïve thinking just because the HTS has HDMI and Optical ports, it will be compatible with the tv?
TIA

Mike

Solution
You would need the old HTS to support HDMI-ARC for the HDMI cable to get sound from the TV to the HTS. You would also need to turn on ARC in the TV menu.
Plan B would be to connect the HD recorder to the TV and the optical out of the TV to the HTS. If the HTS has a disc player you will need the HDMI connection to get the video to the TV. The TV optical output may have to be turned on in the TV menu.
You would need the old HTS to support HDMI-ARC for the HDMI cable to get sound from the TV to the HTS. You would also need to turn on ARC in the TV menu.
Plan B would be to connect the HD recorder to the TV and the optical out of the TV to the HTS. If the HTS has a disc player you will need the HDMI connection to get the video to the TV. The TV optical output may have to be turned on in the TV menu.

Solution