problems with text on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I have a problem where some of the text on youtube and some other google websites is lighter than other text around the web. I use google chrome and I am wondering if there is something wrong or a setting to change. I need this fixed as I work with youtube and it is hard to work when there is this issue. Here is a screenshot of the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/62BS3

Solution
following the steps i mentioned?

then must be a chrme register stuck somewhere

perhaps contacting chrome developers or their forum, support in some way, what register cold be, meanwhile try the other suggestions about addons changing colors or reinstall windows as last option

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
You said:

[strike]And posted a Tom's Hardware thread page, that looks perfectly normal.. Tom's Hardware is not a Google website. [/strike]

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
1. Looks to me the lighter text is on the video title links. I didn't notice when that changed but the tone of blue on video titles is now lighter... You could try changing the display color settings, If you have a Nvidia video card, from the Nvidia Control Panel > Select a Task > Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings. And from Video > Adjust Video Color Settings. Updating the Video Card driver may help a bit.

2. If you have a AMD video card, see in Catalist it should have similar settings...

3. You could also download a third party application,
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/software-to-adjust-monitor-brightness-and-contrast-for-dell-studio-one-desktop/

4. Or use the monitor button settings to increase color tone and dept.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

I made the blues darker but it still did not help. Also resetting the settings did not help. Maybe there is a registry hack for this

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
well, if it only happens in chrome, it is a chrome setting or plugin/addon, check on firefox to see if the same can be seen, if not, it has nothing to do with the nvidia settings or the desktop itself, it is a setting applied somewhere

i found a couple addons for chrome that can change the color of the links visited, but you have problems with the links you haven't opened

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

The extensions I have are Adblock, Google Docs, Google Docs offline, Google Translate, McAfee web advisor, and the toms hardware my threads. I didnt do this before. I even pressed reset settings on chrome and I changed the colors of my AMD control center display settings and nothing

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
1. Try the monitor button settings... The picture settings > decrease the Gamma setting.
2. Windows Start button > Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Clear Type Text
3. Windows Start button > Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Color Calibration Or Control Panel

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
the monitor settings will not affect the screenshot the op shared, this is a setting somewhere set for chrome

i don't see where another web browser was tested and if it replicated the color error or if it is isolated to chrome only

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

Yeah. it is only youtube. Nothing else is like this

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

I will check but as said above I only use the basic extensions. I use google translate, adblock, mcafee web protection, toms hardware, google docs, google docs offline, and thats it. I do not use anything that will change text and stuff. I am a computer programmer and this is hard for me.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

UPDATE: It only happens on chrome for me. Not on firefox also clearing data on chrome doesnt do anything

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
then forget every setting attempted on monitor and gpu, windows in general, this a setting on chrome directly

apart from wiping the settings you can uninstall chrome completelly

especially the config folder of it

uninstall chrome, if you need to do backups of your bookmarks and passwords you could synchronize or just wipe everything

when asked, tell chrome to delete everything

after that go to the settings folder

C:\Users\replacethiswiththenameofyouruser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome

delete that chrome folder or move it to another place, it stores some settings from chrome for your user, including the bookmarks but iirc is encripted so not easy to take it out

also delete or move to other place this folder

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome

only the chrome part, not the entire route :D

after that, reinstall chrome

i like more the offline installer but you can run both

this is the offline installer link, 50 megabytes and then installs very quickly

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/126299?hl=en

this is the online version

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

if that doesn't help, well, no idea what register should be deleted, perhaps a app or a program are changing or customizing colors on chrome on your pc

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

Yeah. I know it is not a monitor setting (Im using a laptop btw) otherwise everything would look weird. I do not want to reinstall google chrome as I have a ton of emails and passwords installed. I also have a couple websites auto start and login for business

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
then, i don't know how to help you more here, sorry

perhaps find a pluggin or addon handling the colors of unvisited and viited links, text colors in general?

something like this

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/link-text-color/djajcdbelhandnaichcbohaoefndhnde

or this

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/a%2B-fontsize-changer-pro/gfeeeakhmddjjoabimgdikidjhdegidi

also i can recomend you not to depend on only one web browser, it is like put all your eggs in only one basket, when it flips

try to find a bookmark synchronization app or addon to handle that and passwords to use them on other web browsers, chrome is in general a pita!

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Every web browser is different, you can see text larger, smaller, lighter, bolder, different fonts, etc. with each one so the light youtube text which I noticed in your image seems to be only on video title links(?). This font looks a different darker tone of blue and slightly bolder in Firefox. And that can be made even fainter with monitor button controls by increasing the gamma setting. You can also adjust the Clear Type text in Windows Display settings... and adjust the color calbiration.

I tried replicating the lighter blue font in my monitor by changing the monitor settings and it I did make text fainter with the monitor buttons. This can be done in Windows settings but the Display Color Calibration > Adjust Gamma slider is set higher.. if the monitor adjustment is incorrect... normal position for the slider adjustment is at mid level.

1. Try the monitor button settings... The picture settings > decrease the Gamma setting.
2. Windows Start button > Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Clear Type Text
3. Windows Start button > Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Color Calibration Or Control Panel

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

If it were the monitor, then the whole computer would be affected. Only the links are so its nothing to do with calibration as the rest of the computer is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.