Solved! Program hot keys on Logitech K780 keyboard

batesd124204

Estimable
Jun 18, 2018
I just got a Logitech K780 keyboard and connected it to my Windows 10 laptop. I'd programmed my old keyboard (also Logitech) to use ALT+F9 to open the calculator. I tried programming that shortcut but it didn't work; none of the other hotkeys will let me program another shortcut either. What can I do?

batesd124204

Estimable
Jun 18, 2018
Ugh, that's me doing things the hard way LOL. Using their software worked but took a little time playing with it to figure out how to get it to do the calculator. Replacing the search button function with calculator didn't work but going to open application and browsing for the calculator program did.

Reactions: mrmike16

mrmike16

Honorable
Ugh, that's me doing things the hard way LOL. Using their software worked but took a little time playing with it to figure out how to get it to do the calculator. Replacing the search button function with calculator didn't work but going to open application and browsing for the calculator program did.
I haven't used their program myself, but I'm glad it worked out for you. It could be that they didn't really plan on people changing the Search function to something else, and just didn't update it from an older version of Windows to find the Calculator app.