PS3 New and Old, Fat and Slim Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Am I the only person that thinks the PS3 slim looks like a cheap knock-off?

It will be cheaper to produce, and unfortunately it looks like it on the outside too. Bleh.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
New PS3 reminds me of PS2 quite a lot...
I like "old" design better, I can just see old design better for a living room, rather than kid's bedroom

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I think it looks much nicer than the original version. Give me the matte black plastic any day over the extremely cheap looking silver trim on the original faceplate. Plus it looks like its sized more to fit into a stack of AV components (top of the stack though) than the original. Personally if a company wants to sell me a HD console to place in my living room, hooked up to my HDTV and my 7.1 system and making itself the media hub / entertainment center of my home then I would actually prefer it to just look like a standard component instead of trying to look all fancifully styled like the PS3, 360 or Wii do currently.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
So it doesn't support the installation of third party OS'es, hey? I will wager in less than ten days someone will have ported some distro of linux. When did "support" ever stop anyone?

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Well it's not like Sony ever really supported the Linux ports anyway and pretty much denied them being able to use the PS3s GPU. Still, the PS3 just appeals to me less and less.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I still think they should add back in PS2 support. It's pretty retarded not to. I'm sure they're hoping they can sell both PS3 and PS2 units, but for someone like me, it just makes me want to by neither since I already had two PS2s die on me and I'm not going to buy a third for their ridiculously high price, and I don't care that much about PS3 games or Blu-Ray movies. My brother bought one about 6 months ago and I haven't had any interest in playing it yet. Still, if I had to choose between 360 and PS3, I'd go with PS3. 360 would need to eliminate Xbox Live fees to get me interested.

saliwok

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
The new looks pretty damn ugly, for sure.

Every time they drop another feature, I'm happier that I spent the coin for a launch edition. Even though I don't use Linux, I am using my PS2 B.C., my 4 USB ports, and the card readers.

I just hope my system lasts. Might have to stop Folding@Home to make sure it does.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Looks better. PS3 was huge and was a fingerprint and dust magnet. I'm so sick of everything being glossy black. Looks like a thinkpad and I happen to like the look of thinkpads.

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]Am I the only person that thinks the PS3 slim looks like a cheap knock-off?It will be cheaper to produce, and unfortunately it looks like it on the outside too. Bleh.[/citation]

This. Kind of reminds me of the old Atari models.

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I prefer the older model. It's like balls, the bigger the longer duration of pleasure. I feel this little piece of cardboard will break faster.

G

ps3 old just completely owns that seeing as i got my ps3 a week ago and nearll all the stores were sold out im happy i got in.
and who gives a shit if it have more memory, just by a terabyte for $200 dolars and ull be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.