PS3 Shipments to Europe Now Being Seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzb3d

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
with sony's policy on controlling hardware people buy, and their pigheadedness, I will never be buying a PS3, so don't really care.

AEternal1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
odd to hear....that sony ( pirated? ) blu ray tech? hard to believe that they can get mad at hackers when they themselves do not apparently follow the rules.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
My guess is that its not the bluray format itself but rather something behind like ways of extracting the data from the disc & special extended features.

The patent system for todays tech is flawed, it allow for wide-area generic patents that can then be trolled/milked for years!

Kinda fun that Sony who heavily enforces that no one should abuse/pirate their stuff and spend millions upon millions to stop it now is the company engaged in abuse of another company assets!

Hope they get flamed really hard, with all the shit like securom, rootkit software installs to allow a music cd to play ect they put their customers through in the past - I for one just enjoy reading this! Only part i feel sorry for is the kids who wants a console to waste some money on!

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Whoa, this really is getting serious. I wonder how this is going to end.. I assume the legal proceedings are still ongoing and could take some time.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Whoa, so this really is quite a big thing.
It's interesting that it's only shipments into Europe..

I guess the legal proceedings would be long-winded and still have some time to go..

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
wow, why not just pay LG a portion of the profit for the tech? the ps3 is a great unit and shouldn't have so many speed bumps to retail success.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
To be fair Interpol should raid Sony's headquarters and confiscate all their servers. It's just playing hardball the way Sony does with those they disagree with.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Completely stupid... it's all going to come down to a court decision and settlement one way or another anyway, so there is no valid reason to block console sales in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.