ps3/x360/wii audio doesnt work when any 2 plugged in

dking8615

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Exactly that. If my ps3/x360/wii are plugged into the hdmi (there are three plugs, one for each system) all at the same time, the audio doesnt work. IF any two are plugged in, same thing. Unplug all but one, and the audio comes back. Why? Is there an alternative thing I can use so i can plug all in and keep them plugged in?

dking8615

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

its' plugged into the tv and the video game consoles. only one console can have the hdmi plugged into it or the sound wont work.

mrmike16

Honorable

So let me get this straight:

To get all three of the devices plugged into the TV via HDMI, do you use an adapter of some sort? If so, the adapter likely doesn't support audio when more than one device is plugged into it.

If that is the case, either use the AUX ports on the adapter if they exist, or you will need a new adapter.

If you aren't using an adapter, please explain how these 3 devices are all plugged into the TV via HDMI.

mrmike16

Honorable
One (or more) of those cables provides audio. It may be in the wrong jack when you have more than one device plugged in.
I do think that this adapter (What you called connectors) is the issue, if it isn't user-caused. I'm not sure what colors are audio in this case, but make sure they are plugged into the right place.

If I were you, I would contact the manufacturer of that product. Or maybe the seller.

dking8615

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

a red and white plug right next to eachother is the standard for stereo and mono sound for standard systems like ps2 and the like. Those are plugged into the tv. The others are also plugged in, green for green, blue for blue and so on and so forth also into the tv. Whe i plug the other end that is the ps3 plug into my ps3, it works for sound and video. If i then plug the xbox/xbox 360/XB1 plug into the xbox 360, the sound for the ps3, which is still running in the background, stops completely. IF i unplug the xbox 360 plus, sound comes back. same if i repeat with the xbox360 as the first plugged in. I don't get it. User error? Perhaps. I have no idea. But you're supposed to have all three plugged in any one time (xbox systems, playstation systems, nintendo systems).

mrmike16

Honorable

That appears to be the prime function of the adapter. I think that it is malfunctioning and that the issue should be addressed by the seller. It seems to be plugged in all of the right places, and it doesn't have anything to set (switches, etc) but it isn't doing its job. Therefore it is the seller's responsibility to fix or replace the product.

dking8615

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Thank you. Here i was figuring it was something wrong with me.