Ps4Pro, Sony Reciever, Samsung TV problem

irrationalgonzo

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
I’m having problem with my tv, PS4 and receiver.

I either have 4K video on my ps4 pro but 2.0 sound or no PS4pro 4K and 7.1. I can’t seem to get 4K video and 7.1 out of my PS4 pro.

I have hooked up the PS4 Pro HDMI to the Samsung one connect and optical of the PS4 to the reciever and I still don’t get 5.1/7.1.

If I hook up the PS4 Pro straight to the reciever through HDMI, I get 7.1 but not 4K.

All items have latest firmware/updates, following items are below.

PS4 Pro
Sony STR-DN 1040
Samsung 75in UN75MU9000F

irrationalgonzo

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

Yes I switched it over to both types of audio but only get sound in my 3 front speakers, the PS4 doesn’t have any options for 7.1 only 5.1 and still I only get 2.1 sound.

Make sure that the receiver speaker set up is correct.
If you go into the receiver set up and get noise to play out of each speakers do they all produce sound when the noise is cycled to them?
If not then check the speaker wires and the speakers themselves.
If they do then try changing the surround mode in the receiver. Auto doesn't always work correctly.

irrationalgonzo

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

When I do a test signal to the speakers all the speakers work correctly and have noise coming from them.

When I hook up the PS4 to the receiver via HDMI I get 7.1. When I hook up the PS4 via optical I get 2.0.

When I hook up the PS4 to the reciever via HDMI 4K slot the PS4 says it’s not 4K or hdr. Also going to Netflix when hooked up to the receiver via above it’s not ultra hd.

When I hook up the PS4 directly to the tv I get 4K and all the resolutions. But 2.0 sound.