Pushed the arm of a CR79 Crosley too far

Marquizel

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
So I got this old player from my Grandmother today and I was figuring it all out and it was fun. I knew I had to replace a few parts in the CD player which I know how to do and was all set on that. Being only 17 and never actually have played a record before I busted out my Panic at the Disco album my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. I had it playing, really slowly and I was going to look into that. However I haven't gotten that far now because I pushed the arm too far to the right. I thought this would stop it for some reason. It clicked a second time and then it wouldn't click again. I got it to stop by wiggling it around a little. Now it doesn't click to start again and I feel like I can't be this only one this stupid but from what I've found, I might be. If anyone has the solution I'd love to hear it I swear I'm not usually that stupid. I've tried messing with it and it appears that the whole arm is now loose and out of place. Please help. Thanks!

Solution
That is a retro player made to look old but isn't really. Not built well at all.
There is little service available from the company that uses the old name Crosley.
You could try removing the turntable from the main unit and see if it can be repaired. The switch itself can be bypassed with a separate manual switch but if the arm has been mechanically broken it would take some skill to fix it.
That is a retro player made to look old but isn't really. Not built well at all.
There is little service available from the company that uses the old name Crosley.
You could try removing the turntable from the main unit and see if it can be repaired. The switch itself can be bypassed with a separate manual switch but if the arm has been mechanically broken it would take some skill to fix it.

Solution

Marquizel

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015

Alright thanks I'll look into it, sounds like a nice little project that hopefully wont destroy my records when I inevitably mess something up.