Qualcomm and Intel Support Apple Against Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Probably because Samsung has surprisingly competitive chips in their phones (and Apple's products), and they are trying to cut R&D down for Samsung and hoping they will score their chips in upcoming Apple products in place (By forcing Samsung to cut ties with Apple).

Nah not really, I have no clue why they hate Samsung at the moment, but I bet it has to do with competition. I'm sure Intel and Qualcomm would jump at the chance of having their chips in future Apple products.

thehelix

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
So this is what competition means these days.. Instead of trying to improve yourself, better try and cripple your opposition.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]AAPL_PRIUS[/nom]YES! LOOKS LIKE THE GOOD GUYS WIN AGAIN![/citation]

Over here we have a store called "The good guys", they work to keep prices as low as possible on their stock and will match or beat competitors prices with just a phone call.

Apple products are not sold there.

/Endless story over, stops replying to random comments and hogging up the comments

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Over here we have a store called "The good guys", they work to keep prices as low as possible on their stock and will match or beat competitors prices with just a phone call.Apple products are not sold there.[/citation]

Sounds like a great place for Android users and other poor people to shop!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Sounds like a great place for Android users and other poor people to shop![/citation]

I would not call Android users "poor". They drop $600 on the latest Android device - yes, outside of US you have to pay FULL PRICE for your new phone, it does NOT come with a rip-off contract. Money is not something us Android users are worried about... because those who REALLY don't want to buy anything can just install Android on their netbook. I did, since no existing tablet is good enough.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Sounds like a great place for Android users and other poor people to shop![/citation]

I'm not quite sure what ward they released you from but I think they did so a little too early.
What on Earth makes you think Android device owners are poor? I am a proud Galaxy Nexus owner and I paid almost $800 at release.

What did you pay for your iPhone? A $200 payment and placed on a contract?
No thanks..

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
*looks at my $700 Android phone*

Huh?

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
You guys are ridiculous. Constantly trying to call Apples products overpriced, having as they do, the overall fastest CPU/GPU combination of any phone ever released, even 6 months after it came out. Yet the second anyone points out the obvious fact that Android phones are cheaper, you go on rants about how much you paid.

You can't have it both ways. If your Android phone was more expensive than an iPhone, perhaps you're the one who bought an overpriced device. If it wasn't, then clearly throwing around figures like $700 and $800 (off contract) figures is irrelevant if the new iPhone costs more.

As it happens, iPhone users earn, on average, more than Android users.

And finally, the person who thought that $200 plus a contract was less than $800 without a contract needs to go back to school.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]TheHelix[/nom]So this is what competition means these days.. Instead of trying to improve yourself, better try and cripple your opposition.[/citation]

Are you referring to the legal case in question in which Samsung is trying to sue Apple? So you are disapproving of Samsung's actions?

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Um, I have friends that use Iphone and I make more then them (I use Android) so that whole "Iphone means I'm rich" crap stops right there. This is corporate greed at it's best, rather then improve your product these guys keep trying to put each other out of business. Honestly I rarly notice difference from phones in 2010 an now except some have higher resolution and a 2-300mhz faster cpu...Bring in quad core with 2GB ram and allow it to run some serious productivity applications then Im impressed.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]You guys are ridiculous. Constantly trying to call Apples products overpriced, having as they do, the overall fastest CPU/GPU combination of any phone ever released, even 6 months after it came out. Yet the second anyone points out the obvious fact that Android phones are cheaper, you go on rants about how much you paid.You can't have it both ways. If your Android phone was more expensive than an iPhone, perhaps you're the one who bought an overpriced device. If it wasn't, then clearly throwing around figures like $700 and $800 (off contract) figures is irrelevant if the new iPhone costs more.As it happens, iPhone users earn, on average, more than Android users.And finally, the person who thought that $200 plus a contract was less than $800 without a contract needs to go back to school.[/citation]

you live in an odd world where you think the apple has something that competes with Tegra3. apple makes an easy to use product, but state of the art tech isn't what they do... they do put nice displays on thier products, btu the hardware that drives them is not there... and you play in thier playground, there is no reason to charge as much as they do between memory capacities and the lack of expandable memory so you ahev to pay more for a bigger drive is pure profit driven... milk as much money from the apple users as possible, they'll happily pay it and respond liek you do statin ghtey hae the bes thing ever bacsue thats what you were told by the people who sold it to you

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
apples iphone will some day be left in the dust like many things that don't evolve with the times but capture couple of generations in a memory.

G

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]my opinion of intel just fell...[/citation]
Likewise. :/

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Don't you think that Apple deserve to profit from their inventions? They invented the mobile phone, the tablet, the mp3 player and in a few years time they will have invented the television, too.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]AAPL_PRIUS[/nom]YES! LOOKS LIKE THE GOOD GUYS WIN AGAIN![/citation]
Good guys? you mean intel who pays suppliers as much as they can to keep AMD chips out of their computers? Apple who is anticompetitive and can't even allow something as small as a competing browser on their phones, and works hard to try to keep people from using or dissassembling their products however they like?

You sir are sick, you should admit yourself to a hospital fast.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Good guys? you mean intel who pays suppliers as much as they can to keep AMD chips out of their computers? Apple who is anticompetitive and can't even allow something as small as a competing browser on their phones, and works hard to try to keep people from using or dissassembling their products however they like?You sir are sick, you should admit yourself to a hospital fast.[/citation]

The good guys are the ones who invent their own stuff rather than blatantly stealing from the real innovators:

http://peanutbuttereggdirt.com/e/custom/Apple-vs-Samsung-1-Hardware-Design.html

Status
Not open for further replies.