Quality of video turned down when on youtube

44borna

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hi i upload videos to youtube i make my videos, they look good in quality, than i upload it to youtube and all of a sudden its horrible quality. I am very frustrated and would really appreciate some help.
I record with: dxtory or fraps than i covert the files into smaller files and 4k quality than i send it off to youtube and it looks horrible.
-thank you :)

Solution
Try what Gripps suggested and export the files as H.264 (.mp4) files. This will reduce the file size without much of a reduction in quality. Try it and look at the resulting video clip. If you are not satisfied with the quality then come back and let us know. If H.264 is not an option when you export then try converting the file with something like HandBrake or MPEG Streamclip.

Gripps

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
YouTube transcode and compress all content. Try bit rate no less than 7mpbs, found this works best for me. Frame rate, Youtube does not support higher than 30fps.

YouTube favors H.264 codec, uncompressed files will give you high quality but file size are huge.

Give YouTube time. if you upload 1920x1080, after upload in option you only have 480 or 720, Youtube has not finished with you footage. Once 1080 is available judge the quality then.

Try what Gripps suggested and export the files as H.264 (.mp4) files. This will reduce the file size without much of a reduction in quality. Try it and look at the resulting video clip. If you are not satisfied with the quality then come back and let us know. If H.264 is not an option when you export then try converting the file with something like HandBrake or MPEG Streamclip.

Solution

44borna

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

Thank you, you and gripps really helped!!!

Glad to be of service.