Question about storage

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
Sorry, Im new to tablets. I have a skytex tablet that says internal storage 1.00GB & USB storage that says 8.00GB. All the games Ive been installing are going to the 1.00GB Int Storage', is there a way to install them to the USB storage? because the Internal is already saying 281 MB available while USB still has 3.36GB available. ohhhh and it has the same apps in both storages because it says 685mb used in Apps internal storage and the same in Apps in USB storage :-/

Solution
procedure is same
Go to setting➡Apps➡ Manage Apps➡click on app you want to move

Note- only certain apps support moving to external memory card
If your device don't support moving apps then you will not see MOVE to SD option in selected app
To forcefully move app to external memory, you have to root your tab and install a app, App2SD

yash kumar

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Which is the OS you are using?? Is it android??
If so, which version??
since android 4.0, installation of apps and games is done in internal storage only, only the data files, such as graphics, sounds etc. are stored on the external storage.

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
the 1 gb storage you are talking about is for installing apps and games
and the other 8 gb is present so that you can use your device as mass storage
when you connect your device to pc, the pc shows mass storage i.e 8gb

games like temple run, cut the rope(with only apk, no heavy data files) is stored in internal phone memory (1 gb) and games like modern combat 4, NOVA 3 (with apk and heavy data files) the apk is installed in internal phone memory and data is stored in usb storage

see this video to move apps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwon8Miz7-I

if it doesnt work then your device may not support moving apps

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

Yes it is android, I'm sorry I thought I had mentioned it but I now I realized I didn't, my bad. :D. But yes, its android version 4.2.2. So then does this mean that since I only have 280mb available in the internal storage I shouldn't download anymore games? Or can I still download more and when should I stop, I mean how much mb should I leave free for it to work with no problem? Thank you!

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

So if I buy and sd micro card can I still download games there and be able to play them on the tablet or will they automatically download to internal storage?

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

I saw the video but that's for an android phone not for the tablet :(

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
procedure is same
Go to setting➡Apps➡ Manage Apps➡click on app you want to move

Note- only certain apps support moving to external memory card
If your device don't support moving apps then you will not see MOVE to SD option in selected app
To forcefully move app to external memory, you have to root your tab and install a app, App2SD

Solution

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

that's the thing I forgot to mention that I did try that b4 but after hitting settings-apps- all I get are the apps but no option that says manage apps, now if I click on one of the games it gives me a "move to sd card" option but then if I do that I don't know if I will be able to play the game on the tablet or how it works :-/ Thank u :)

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

I haven't bought an sd card for this tablet yet but I do have one laying around that says SanDisk 1.0 GB and when I put it in it says SD Card Total space 8.00 GB available 357mb, I'm confused but I havent tried moving a game over, going to try to move a small game over

yash kumar

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Go to settings-apps-Select the game you want to move-select move to sd card.
This will do the trick and you can still be able to play the games.
It would just take slightly longer to load the games/levels etc, say 1 second extra but once loaded, it will run fine.

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
when you will press the move to SD card, the app/game will move to external SD card and you will be able to play them
but without that external SD card you will be not able to play them
so you have to keep that memory card every time in your tablet

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
Thanks to both Ravi Gagan & yash kumar for your help. Some games don't let me move them like u said Ravi Gagan, but most of them do so I will buy a new sd card and problem solved.

Zivalee

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

Okidoki understood. Thank you very much. What I don't understand is why it says 8.00GB total space on SD card when it's actually a 1GB sd card?